PDA

View Full Version : Any significant differences between Guzzlers?

YankeeFan
05-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I have 2 of the large guzzlers but wanted to buy 2 more large drying towels but wasn't sure if there is any significant advantages of one over the other.....the Guzzler vs. the Ultimate Guzzler vs. the HD Guzzler? When I did a Search there wasn't much out there for comparisons.

Thanks,
Howard

Jimmie
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
They are all good. I've been full circle with them. I started with the Ultimate Guzzler; pros: dry with both hands in/on the towel, gets the job done quickly, cons: tough to manage on panels close to the ground.
Smallest Guzzler; pros: I switched to this one when I started using a leaf blower first. It will dry your whole car easily. Perfect for using with a QD. cons: none for me.
HD Guzzler; pros: Dry your whole car with or without leaf blower. Easier to use blot method (really sucks up the H2O). cons: A little stiffer, not as good with QD while drying.

r0ckstrWS6
05-22-2009, 12:01 PM
:whs: :goodpost:

BenzDetailer
05-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Jimmie,

Excellent Review ! I had the same experience. I love the Ultimate guzzler for it's Square Footage. But I always use the smaller size on for everthing below the door trim - That way I don't sweep the ground with a corner. I have tried a couple different brands of the ones with the sponge insert between layers and I am just not a fan. I would prefer useing 4 WW towels then one of those. I like using multiple towels for all purposes because at the extreme outside chance I have one speck of sand on one I will minimize the chance of hiting the whole car with it. It sounds a little obsessive but it works. On a Typical vehicle I use 15 to 20 MF towels to complete a full detail. Also when doing a Hand Wax I always use multiple applicators.

ScottB
05-23-2009, 08:00 AM
green ones --- no foam core, work well, preferred with leaf blower and some detail sprays

orange ones -- foam core, hold alot of addtl water, suggest using for those without blowers and larger vehicles