Darren F
09-03-2006, 11:02 AM
What do you think of this process?

Wash
Prime Acrylic
Acrylic Jett Trigger
NXT
OCW

Is it overkill by using the AJT and then the NXT?

What about topping everything with OCW?

Car is only a few months old so no reason to clay

joe.p
09-03-2006, 11:15 AM
What do you think of this process?

Wash
Prime Acrylic
Acrylic Jett Trigger
NXT
OCW

Is it overkill by using the AJT and then the NXT?

What about topping everything with OCW?

Car is only a few months old so no reason to clay
your car is new thats exactly why you should clay. People think because the car is new theres no reason to clay the ext. The truth is most have IFO or rail dust from transport. The OCW sounds good to me also i like that it is very easy to apply and i like the look of it. That being said IMHO it dosn't have any durability unless you want to use the OCw every few weeks then i say go ahead.

For the NXT i only have used it once and im not familliar with AJ. Also if you decide to clay use a clay that is not so agressive so you won't create marring from the clay,go light and use lube the extra 20mnts you spend claying will make a big difference in your out come. I cant stress the importance of properly prepping the paint if your looking for a sweet outcome . have fun and good luck :cheers:

Darren F
09-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Do you rewash after you Clay?

wytstang
09-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Rewash optional and yes clay it.

Darren F
09-03-2006, 12:06 PM
rewash optional? when do you rewash and when do you not rewash?

ScottB
09-03-2006, 12:11 PM
NXT contains calcified kaolin (light abrasive), as such it will likely remove some of the Werkstatt products. Axe it ... and I would personally use Acrylic Glos of OCW as it is much more glossy in apperance.

FloridaNative
09-03-2006, 12:31 PM
:iagree:

wytstang
09-03-2006, 01:07 PM
rewash optional? when do you rewash and when do you not rewash?
When your dealing with a car thats loaded with contaminates(sp?) some small traits of clay may be left behind (car in really really bad shape). You need not worry about it with a new car imo.

Darren F
09-03-2006, 01:40 PM
is there one clay that is better than another?

ScottB
09-03-2006, 01:56 PM
is there one clay that is better than another?

most clay is very similar is design and execution and thats where the recent lawsuits have come into play. Pinnacles Ultra Clay is quite different in that it is quite a bit less abrasive. There are also a few clays that are quite a bit more abrasive then normal but you need to search body shop suppliers to get them.

Darren F
09-03-2006, 02:01 PM
so if i were to go into a Pep Boys and buy an OTC clay i would be ok?

joe.p
09-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Sure would, you can get Mothers clay kit,Meguiars,claymagic its pretty much all the same from what i've been told..

sparkie
09-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Claymagic is the best OTC, IMO!

3Dog
09-04-2006, 12:06 PM
The best look I have found over AJ is a 50/50 mixture of Carnauba Jett and OCW...it is a breeze to use that way.

supercharged
09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I never used Clay Magic, but have used Mothers and Meguiar's. I liked Mothers better, their clay is a little softer, and easier to work with. Also Showtime cinnamon smell!:righton: