PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 849

fech
05-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Just wanted everyone who has been thinking of getting a polisher to know about the Dewalt. I got this as a present and was very nervous about taking it to my car due to the warnings I have always heard. However, I found a body shop who gave me a door and with a little practice, got very comfortable with it. It was really easy to use and even though the weight took a little getting used to, it makes you not want to ever pick up a DA again. Between the time it saves and the look it gives on the car, this is easily the best detailing item I own. Anyways, just wanted to give my two cents on a great product.

Harleyguy
05-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Just wanted everyone who has been thinking of getting a polisher to know about the Dewalt. I got this as a present and was very nervous about taking it to my car due to the warnings I have always heard. However, I found a body shop who gave me a door and with a little practice, got very comfortable with it. It was really easy to use and even though the weight took a little getting used to, it makes you not want to ever pick up a DA again. Between the time it saves and the look it gives on the car, this is easily the best detailing item I own. Anyways, just wanted to give my two cents on a great product.Hard to go back to a Pc after using a rotary no matter what brand.Just go easy and remember tape is your friend and watch the speeds and edges.Like you mentioned practice is the best.Matter of fact i need to go by my bodyshop and pick up some sheet metal to try out some new things.

fech
05-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Hard to go back to a Pc after using a rotary no matter what brand.Just go easy and remember tape is your friend and watch the speeds and edges.Like you mentioned practice is the best.Matter of fact i need to go by my bodyshop and pick up some sheet metal to try out some new things.

True, I am going back and getting more to try on myself.

Integra-S
05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I just got mine in today. can't wait to use it. any tips would be greatly appreciated? Also if you don't mind me asking. Where did you get your pads from a local dealer or over the net and which pads do you recommend getting for the polisher?

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Just get all your pads here, I would suggest the Kompressor pads since they are so easy to use and pick up a Megs w66 backing plate to go with them.

fech
05-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I used the edge pads I had for the DA and some LC wool pads I got from a local shop. I'm relatively new to the dewalt, but the wool pads seem to work so much easier than the foam ones. Also, practice on a spare panel first. I'm glad I did as I would have certainly screwed up my paint on my car if I hadn't.

bunyz06rabbitt
05-21-2009, 02:36 AM
:whs:

Integra-S
05-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Just get all your pads here, I would suggest the Kompressor pads since they are so easy to use and pick up a Megs w66 backing plate to go with them.
I am aware of buying from here but I wasn't sure if I could find pads cheaper else where.

Integra-S
05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I used the edge pads I had for the DA and some LC wool pads I got from a local shop. I'm relatively new to the dewalt, but the wool pads seem to work so much easier than the foam ones. Also, practice on a spare panel first. I'm glad I did as I would have certainly screwed up my paint on my car if I hadn't.
I have a whole hood to practice on as this is my daily driven car that I was in an accident with and will soon be getting rid of it and buying a new car. what luck! LOL

fech
05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I have a whole hood to practice on as this is my daily driven car that I was in an accident with and will soon be getting rid of it and buying a new car. what luck! LOL

Lucky you. I tried practicing on my wifes car and she had the nerve to say no!:D