PDA

View Full Version : Flex & Menzerna Final-Polish question

Shinystang
05-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Applying Menzerna Final polish on a gray LC pad using a Flex 3401.

Application in a covered garage, about 70 degrees.

Applied two "dime sized" blobs on the pad, started the Flex on "2" & started to work in the polish. By the second pass, the polish had turned clear, wet. Should it be a whitish color for longer than that? Should I run the Flex at less than 2 until it goes clear?

Second, do I keep working the polish at this clear stage on a higher setting "4"ish with lighter pressure? If so, for how long? It seemed to stay the same wet-like consistence for several minutes until I wiped it off. I wasn't sure when to stop.

I detail as a serious hobby, usually on weekends only. Thanks!!!

termigator
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
IIRC, once it turns clear, it means the abrasives, being the diminishing type, have broken down completely, meaning it's time to inspect the panel. Personally, I'd put just a little more polish (like three dime-sized blobs) and use setting #5.

Shinystang
05-18-2009, 06:13 PM
So you're saying to add more product and, once it's spread around the work area, kick the Flex to 5 and go until it looks wet/clear?

There is no benefit keeping the Flex running once the polish is clear?

I'm sorry to sound ignorant, just making sure I'm not wasting time working a machine for no effect.

Thanks!!!!

termigator
05-18-2009, 07:35 PM
So you're saying to add more product and, once it's spread around the work area, kick the Flex to 5 and go until it looks wet/clear?

There is no benefit keeping the Flex running once the polish is clear?

I'm sorry to sound ignorant, just making sure I'm not wasting time working a machine for no effect.

Thanks!!!!

Sounds about right. I really wouldn't use the #2 setting except for spreading LSP's

gewb
05-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Applying Menzerna Final polish on a gray LC pad using a Flex 3401.

Application in a covered garage, about 70 degrees.

Applied two "dime sized" blobs on the pad, started the Flex on "2" & started to work in the polish. By the second pass, the polish had turned clear, wet. Should it be a whitish color for longer than that? Should I run the Flex at less than 2 until it goes clear?

Second, do I keep working the polish at this clear stage on a higher setting "4"ish with lighter pressure? If so, for how long? It seemed to stay the same wet-like consistence for several minutes until I wiped it off. I wasn't sure when to stop.

I detail as a serious hobby, usually on weekends only. Thanks!!!

Three nickel size, Flex at "3.75". Work until it goes clear iridescent.

Regards,
GEWB