PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

Pages : [1] 2

mooch
05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi I am kinda new around here but I have a 04 chevy tahoe. I want to use a good leather cleaner/conditioner on the seats but does Pinnacle or Wolfgang do any good on these seats? What would be the best thing to use? Thanks Mooch

tWiStEd-tORqUe
05-18-2009, 11:57 AM
it all depends on your leather condition,

I Use Mothers Cleaner And Cond, cuz it keeps the matte black look,

mooch
05-18-2009, 12:01 PM
It is ok but not perfect I got it from my good friend that never detailed it or anything but it has a little wear to it not to bad though. poor thing doesn't know what to do to be waxed and clean all the time lol

wytstang
05-18-2009, 12:07 PM
99% sure you have coated leather, everything I've read (from experienced posters and leather care article from manufactures) says to use a water based cleaner and conditioner for coated/finished leather. The only 3 products AG sells that are water based are Pinnacles leather cleaner and conditioner (all in one) Optimums Leather Protectant and 1Z Leather Care.
If you are looking for a dedicated leather cleaner and conditioner I would suggest Leather Master's STRONG cleaner and LM's VITAL. Both water based and designed for coated/finished leather. Unfortunately AG does not sell these. I had to go through detailers domain to get it. I hope AG will consider carrying it one day.

mooch
05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
99% sure you have coated leather, everything I've read (from experienced posters and leather care article from manufactures) says to use a water based cleaner and conditioner for coated/finished leather. The only 3 products AG sells that are water based are Pinnacles leather cleaner and conditioner (all in one) Optimums Leather Protectant and 1Z Leather Care.
If you are looking for a dedicated leather cleaner and conditioner I would suggest Leather Master's STRONG cleaner and LM's VITAL. Both water based and designed for coated/finished leather. Unfortunately AG does not sell these. I had to go through detailers domain to get it. I hope AG will consider carrying it one day.

So would Pinnacle be the way to go? I don't want anything that makes them greasy or anything that makes them slippery

BenzDetailer
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
If it is an older vehicle and the Leathr has not been maintained and oiled what you clean it with and prep it with will be far more important than what you condition with. Most conditioners that are commercailly sold are equal with the exception of longevity. This DOES NOT hold true for Leather Cleaners and Prep chemicals. I have always been a firm believer in doing test "PANELS" on both the exterior paint and interior leather surfaces. In doing this you will not set false expectations for the customer and can further agree on a contracted price.

02CAMSS
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Optimum all the way unless your leather is pig dirty.

mooch
05-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Here is a quick cell phone pic of what I have.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/oldskoolroostercruiser/CAHJ5PGU.jpg

Emile
05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Howcome leather is such a hot topic so recently on the forum? You want to clean the leather with a leather cleaner such as Lexol Leather Cleaner, and then condition them with Lexol Leather Conditioner. The cleaner removes embedded dirt and oil from regular wear-and-tear, and the conditioner restores the natural oils of the leather and keeps it soft and supple.

Clean and conditioned leather should not be greasy or slippery, but it will be soft and smooth. While you cannot remove all the cracks in the leather, you can reduce them with the conditioner and slow them down from getting worse over time with monthly cleaning/conditioning.

Meghan
05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
I like Pinnacle Cleaner and Conditioner combo, does not leave a greasy look and smells nice, Plus its easy to use.

tWiStEd-tORqUe
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I like Pinnacle Cleaner and Conditioner combo, does not leave a greasy look and smells nice, Plus its easy to use.

Meghan does Pinnacle leave a glossy look to the leather ,, Coz i have matte Black finish

Bunky
05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Four Star Leather Conditioner is water based. According to 4 Star, the only oil is used for scent. It does not leave a greasy feeling or much added shine (just matte finish). I think some water based conditioners can feel greasy since they may have other products.

02CAMSS
05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I have a chevy and dodge Optimum does a great job and it is a all in one product.Spray it on lightly and rub it in with a microfiber.

wytstang
05-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Four Star Leather Conditioner is water based. According to 4 Star, the only oil is used for scent. It does not leave a greasy feeling or much added shine (just matte finish). I think some water based conditioners can feel greasy since they may have other products.
That is good to know, thanks for sharing that Bunky :cheers:
EDIT: AG site list: milk oil, lanolin and other natural oils. Seems seems it has plenty of oil?

So would Pinnacle be the way to go? I don't want anything that makes them greasy or anything that makes them slippery
For an all in one Pinnacles cleaner and conditioner or 1z leather care. Optimums Leather protectant has light cleaners that is great for bi-weekly cleaning/hydrating/fresh light leather scent.
I have Pinnacles conditioner that I've used on my wallet a few times (coated leather) and saw/felt little to no change. Tried Leather Master VITAL a water based conditioner today and noticed how flexible the wallet is (especially the corner tips). It's really loosened up.

wytstang
05-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Here is a quick cell phone pic of what I have.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/oldskoolroostercruiser/CAHJ5PGU.jpg
That doesn't look bad, the priority should be a good cleaning since your friend didn't like doing it.