PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna question

Pages : [1] 2

Wendell Jarvis
05-18-2009, 10:15 AM
I have a question..and Yes I read all the info here on AG about menz, my question is: what really is the big difference between 85rd and PO 106 FA, but have same cutting ability, hoping that the 106 might boost the paint more, that's seems to be really the only difference......comments and advice is welcome......I am very familar with SIP and Power Finish.

Emile
05-18-2009, 01:22 PM
I recently was facing this issue and ultimately decided to go with the 106FA (received my bottle end of last week but haven't gotten a chance to use it yet). From what I have heard, 106FA has more cut but PO85RD has a longer working time, and 85RD has the absolute best gloss between the two. 106FA is designed to cut well, work fast, and be low-dusting. I have heard of people doing light paint correction with 106FA and then finishing with PO85RD to bring out an intense shine before wax/sealant.

But I've also heard that 106FA is very flexible and can be used for light paint correction and/or final jeweling with great results.

Wendell Jarvis
05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
I recently was facing this issue and ultimately decided to go with the 106FA (received my bottle end of last week but haven't gotten a chance to use it yet). From what I have heard, 106FA has more cut but PO85RD has a longer working time, and 85RD has the absolute best gloss between the two. 106FA is designed to cut well, work fast, and be low-dusting. I have heard of people doing light paint correction with 106FA and then finishing with PO85RD to bring out an intense shine before wax/sealant.

But I've also heard that 106FA is very flexible and can be used for light paint correction and/or final jeweling with great results.

See, there again there are so many this and thats, I got off the phone earlier with AG, the rep told me that the 106 is better for boosting the paint and longer working time, My game plan is to use either (condition of paint) SIP or Power Finish followed up by 106 or 85rd...the rep said to go with the 106......but everybody else says 85rd for glossy paint.....I am about to place a large order before midnight ....just want to get the right product.....

supercharged
05-18-2009, 09:43 PM
106 offers a bit more correction, while finishing up with the same gloss level as 85RD. IMO, I don't see a need in 85RD at all, just get 106 instead.

Emile
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
You will get all kinds of opinions on this. Go Power Finish (PO203) with White Pads. Then go 106FA with Gray Pads. Top with a nice car wax and let the car wax bring out any extra gloss to be gained.

termigator
05-18-2009, 09:59 PM
You will get all kinds of opinions on this. Go Power Finish (PO203) with White Pads. Then go 106FA with Gray Pads. Top with a nice car wax and let the car wax bring out any extra gloss to be gained.

What about PO203 with white pad and then PO85RD with gray/blue pad?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I believe that 85RD actually enhances the gloss level. Go with the 106, then go back with 85RD. It's been said that it does improve gloss. I've never tried it, as I only own SIP/Nano....but it's in the cart for my next order.

Emile
05-18-2009, 10:06 PM

That sounds like a great combo.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-18-2009, 10:07 PM

If you're going to use 85RD to finish, don't use a gray pad as it has a slight cut to it. Stick with the blue pad.

Rsurfer
05-18-2009, 10:24 PM
If you're going to use 85RD to finish, don't use a gray pad as it has a slight cut to it. Stick with the blue pad.
Not true Josh, the grey lc ccs pad has no cut, but it's firmer than the blue. I perfer the blue also to final polish.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Not true Josh, the grey lc ccs pad has no cut, but it's firmer than the blue. I perfer the blue also to final polish.

I used to think the same thing until Asphalt Rocket told me otherwise. I just stick with the blue pads for finishing now.

Rsurfer
05-18-2009, 11:20 PM
I used to think the same thing until Asphalt Rocket told me otherwise. I just stick with the blue pads for finishing now.Did he tell you that the gray has a cut? If so, he's wrong. Today is his birthday so he's forgiven for giving you wrong information. Like I said I perfer the blue pad also.

termigator
05-19-2009, 06:08 AM
The gray is not supposed to have any cut. I've also used them and I did not notice any cut either. They are a little firmer than the blue and red pads though.

Wendell Jarvis
05-19-2009, 06:09 AM
106 offers a bit more correction, while finishing up with the same gloss level as 85RD. IMO, I don't see a need in 85RD at all, just get 106 instead.

Thanks Supercharged, thats what I did, I ordered the 106, man, I tell ya I love Menzerna's products, but with all their numbers and some products that are so similar to each other that after a while od reading the specs on each product your head begins to swim.......lol...
as always I respect and appreciate your advice and opinion !! Have a great day !!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Did he tell you that the gray has a cut? If so, he's wrong. Today is his birthday so he's forgiven for giving you wrong information. Like I said I perfer the blue pad also.

Haha...yeah that's what he told me. Blue pads rock!