PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Neon SRT-4...

BEEG44
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
hey guys,
Im new here and have been reading way to much about this stuff and i am officially addicted. After a few advils ive come to a conclusion that i want to get M105 and M205 and M26 to correct, polish, and protect my Black SRT-4. I have waxed it once since i bought it new in 2004 and it has 83k miles on it so you can kinda guess what the paint looks like. I have a PC with all 7 5.5in LC pads and i am ready to get some product now. I also have megs clay kit. I used to work at a detail shop but that was my first job out of high school and i only worked there for 6 months and then went back to school. While i worked there i never did any paint correction just cleaning the interior and waxes so im not completely stupid when it comes to detailing. My question is, is my product selection right?? Also does anyone know if my clear is hard or soft? Any answers would be great. Thanks :cheers:

PerroneFord
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Would you mind sharing your though pattern behind buying one of each color LC pad? Just curious because I've never heard of anyone doing that before.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Would you mind sharing your though pattern behind buying one of each color LC pad? Just curious because I've never heard of anyone doing that before.

It's not a bad idea to have all the pads. The only pads you really don't need are yellow and gray. That's just my opinion. You're going to need all new pads anyways because 7.5" pads with a PC are completely useless. You need to get 5.5" and 4" pads. Those are the only sizes effective with the PC. Dodges, if I'm not mistaken, have clear coats on the softer side. M105 and 205 are great products. Never tried them personally, but they've gotten great reviews. I'm one for Menzerna, but not a bad choice products nonetheless. You might also think of getting a sealant. Welcome to the forum. :)

PerroneFord
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm not saying that having a variety of pads is a bad idea. It's certainly helpful. But honestly, I'd like to have a couple PFWs, a few oranges, a bunch of white, and some for LSPs. I'd be up a creek (and have been) with a single cutting pad, or a single white. In some cases, I'd love to have one compounding pad per panel!

It just seemed odd to only have 1 of certain pads.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow...I totally read that wrong..I thought he had all 7 of 7.5" pads. My fault. Perrone, are you using a PC? If so, I would stay away from PFW. Personally, the only pads that I own are orange, white, green, and blue. Naturally, I have the most of the white pads :D.

termigator
05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
hey guys,
Im new here and have been reading way to much about this stuff and i am officially addicted. After a few advils ive come to a conclusion that i want to get M105 and M205 and M26 to correct, polish, and protect my Black SRT-4. I have waxed it once since i bought it new in 2004 and it has 83k miles on it so you can kinda guess what the paint looks like. I have a PC with all 7 5.5in LC pads and i am ready to get some product now. I also have megs clay kit. I used to work at a detail shop but that was my first job out of high school and i only worked there for 6 months and then went back to school. While i worked there i never did any paint correction just cleaning the interior and waxes so im not completely stupid when it comes to detailing. My question is, is my product selection right?? Also does anyone know if my clear is hard or soft? Any answers would be great. Thanks :cheers:

Your selections are very sound. I'm a big fan of Menzerna polishes, but I also have M105 and that stuff is awesome. M26 is also one of my favorite waxes for solid dark colors. I haven't tried M205 yet, so I can't comment on it. You probably didn't need the yellow LC pad, but it doesn't hurt to have it just in case. I have all the colors too (except gold), but I find myself using the white ones the most. The other colors get used sparingly, depending on the situation. I always use the red one for liquid LSP's

PerroneFord
05-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Wow...I totally read that wrong..I thought he had all 7 of 7.5" pads. My fault. Perrone, are you using a PC? If so, I would stay away from PFW. Personally, the only pads that I own are orange, white, green, and blue. Naturally, I have the most of the white pads :D.

Yes, I am using the PC. But I am using the Edge System. So my wool pads are 4" and apparently work very well. I've got a '66 Mustang to work on next month where I'll get to play with that. Got a good look at it today and it's got 9 years worth of swirl marks in it. That might be the car that finally makes me buy M105!

BEEG44
05-17-2009, 11:36 PM
haha honestly i have no idea why i got all the pads...i just figured i would just get all of them and then see what I always use and just buy whatever i use. I actually have 3 orange pads in total cause i got 2 free as a bonus, then i have one of each. well now that i know what i want to buy is a good selection i feel better. First ill start out with the white pad on small section just to see how it comes out but im sure ill have step up to an orange pad cause its in pretty bad shape, then im thinking i might use the light green pad with the 205 or should i use the white pad or maybe gray?? then the m26 ill use the red pad. sound good?? thanks for the quick responses

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm not familiar with using M105 and 205, but you could start with a white pad and 105. If that doesn't cut it, move up to orange, then go back over with a white pad and 105. Then use 205 with a blue pad. I've also read that 205 can be followed up with a finer finishing polish. I hope that helps some.

BEEG44
05-18-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm not familiar with using M105 and 205, but you could start with a white pad and 105. If that doesn't cut it, move up to orange, then go back over with a white pad and 105. Then use 205 with a blue pad. I've also read that 205 can be followed up with a finer finishing polish. I hope that helps some.
so do u think i could follow m205 up with m82??

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM
If M82 is similar to Menzerna 85RD then yes. I've never used Meg's products. As long as the polish you're using is finer than 205...then you should be able to use it. Sorry I can't be of more help.