PDA

View Full Version : need some help on polishes.....

mobiledr.detail313
05-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Before i take advantage of this memorial day sale i need to know from you menzerna users how does these products perform in the sun or hot days (sip,106,85rd) im a mobile detailer i have a 10x15 canopy so keeping the top of the car "cool-warm" is a option....im in detroit,mi if that matters it doesnt really be florida hot in the summer but sometime we have our humid days......or should i consider the poorboy polishes since i hear they sun friendly......Oh and i just started using the m105 and m205 and i used in the sun no problems at all....just looking to add a few more polishes to my arsenal

And can someone PLEASE tell me how to upload pics in a post instead of thumbnails attachments....i wanna post a detail i did

mobiledr.detail313
05-18-2009, 08:45 AM
25 views and no menzerna users who can confirm if these products are sun/heat/humid friendly????? or suggest i go with poorboys?????Feed back please

trlblazer3
05-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Menz can be finicky in sun/heat/humidity. I would suggest OPT or PB for sun usage, with OPT getting the nod from me due to low/no dust and longer workability. Both are better options than Menz for sun use IMO.

ScottB
05-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I dont personally like to use any polish in direct sunlight, but certainly would not try with Menzerna in high heat direct sun. Poorboys or XMT possibly based upon paint.

Emile
05-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Menzerna has these stupid pictures on their bottles which say what to do and what not to do. One of the pictures is of a sun with a big cross over it (kinda like those no smoking signs).

I suggest Poorboy's World polishes. They work well, they're budget-friendly, and they are fine to use under the sun.

mobiledr.detail313
05-18-2009, 10:15 PM
thanks emile...eventually i wanna grab the main 3 bottles of menzerna, but im a mobile detailer and a lot of my work is done outdoors under a 10x15 canopy

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Grab Menzerna man. Use your canopy whenever possible. Yes they can be a pain in the butt, but don't let that deter you. They are one of the top polishes to buy, and will give you the best results. You should be able to keep the car cool enough with your canopy. You could also bring both types of polishes with you so that in case Menz acts up, you can use your Poorboy's.