PDA

View Full Version : Edge PC Pads

thatick
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know where all the Edge pads for the Porter Cable went? The site only shows 4 different ones for sale? Are they just out or is it time to move on to a new type pad?

ScottB
05-17-2009, 04:09 PM
The Edge 2000™ Premium Buffing System Foam Pads- Dedication To Detail (http://www.autogeek.net/theedgebuffing.html)

Maybe some on backorder since 3M bought them.

thatick
05-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I should have been more specific, but yes I know where they are on the site, just wondering why they are out of so many pads. So will 3m still be making these or should i move on to Lake Country pads and a backing plate? Thanks

Lonewolf2007
05-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I was also wondering if they were going to discontinue them.

I like the 6 inch edge pads.

Harleyguy
05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
I was also wondering if they were going to discontinue them.

I like the 6 inch edge pads.Don't quote me on it but i was doing some surfing on the internet and heard that it may be over for those pads.Like i said this is what i gathered while surfing may be rumors time will tell.

supercharged
05-29-2009, 06:24 PM
they are gonna continue making them if people will be purchasing them...

thatick
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Don't quote me on it but i was doing some surfing on the internet and heard that it may be over for those pads.Like i said this is what i gathered while surfing may be rumors time will tell.

ok so i quoted you:D yeah im thinking it maybe time for me to move on to Lake Country pads, oh well

Harleyguy
05-30-2009, 03:36 PM
ok so i quoted you:D yeah im thinking it maybe time for me to move on to Lake Country pads, oh wellI would or the Kompressor pads are awesome.I bought a red edge pad from AG this week and there rotary adapter .I bought it for other reasons then detailing.For what the pad cost you can buy alot more pads.Mind you i didn't use the pad but the middle of the pad they sandwich a piece of plastic that is what holds onto the adapter the pad is 7 or 8 inch the center piece is just a inch or more smaller so there is very little flex to the pad.As i said i haven't tried it out yet i was suppose to bring some parts home from my bodyshop but hasn't stopped raining here so i may try and use it next week.

thatick
05-30-2009, 04:24 PM
yeah the Kompressor pads seem pretty cool but since i just use a PC, i cant use the 7 in pads. Do they make them smaller?

Harleyguy
05-30-2009, 05:57 PM
yeah the Kompressor pads seem pretty cool but since i just use a PC, i cant use the 7 in pads. Do they make them smaller?Sorry didn't know you were using a PC.From what i hear they are working on pads for PC 5.5 size which seems like a smart move but haven't heard when.I guess they are waiting to see how the 7" sell