PDA

View Full Version : how long do pads last? CCS PADS

mwheberger
05-17-2009, 12:49 PM
I will be using CCS pads in the 5.5 inch and 4 inch for the first time with a PC7424. I will be using:
1. orange for swirl removal
2. white for cleaning polish
3. red for topcoat

So how long do these pads last? I am putting together an order and would like to know how many times a pad will do a small size vehicle with washing them inbetween uses. ANY IDEAS????? Thanks!

tWiStEd-tORqUe
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
was about to post this Q ,,,
Looking for an answer

BenzDetailer
05-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I have some I have used over 50 times. I clean mine in an unconventional way but have always had success so I am not willing to change. I clena mine on a very hot setting (some washers call it steralize) that last upward of 1 1/2 to 2 hours. In general I will be wash 1 to 2 dozen pads at once. With the pads I throw in terry cloth bath towles that I believe assist in the clening of the PADS. These towles only serve this purpose. I use this same method for hand applicator pads. I then to a timed air tumble with the same towels. Pads will still be moist when the towels are done and I let them AIR DRY the rest of the way. I feel I get 99 plus percent of product removal from the pads this way. BTW I use no detergent and about 1/3 to half cup White Vinegar in the Liquid Fabric Softener Department.

Rsurfer
05-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Just use a spur tool between panels when polishing and clean pads with Dawn Power Dissolver when finished.