PDA

View Full Version : help....please.

corolla619
05-17-2009, 02:40 AM
i recently made a thread involving the cobra shamrock mf's linting like crazy. so i tried boiling them and still no luck.

so i gave up and lost hope in these towels.

now onto my concern....i cannot for the life of me get this lint off the panels on my car. i tried qd'ing it with different mf's that do not lint and no luck.

i tried waxing thinking for sure that would work and again, no luck.

please give me a few quick ideas to get the lint off my car. preferably quick and easy ones seeings how i just got done sealing with two coats followed by 1 coat of wet glaze followed by two coats of fuzion a week before this lovely nightmare happened.

thanks in advance.

termigator
05-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Have you tried washing your car? If you use a dedicated car shampoo like Gold Class, it won't strip the wax and I'm sure it will wash the lint off.

Also, not that it matters to you since you didn't like them, but MF towels are not supposed to be exposed to high heat. I don't think boiling them would do anything to them other then ruin them.

loudog2
05-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Have you tried washing your car? If you use a dedicated car shampoo like Gold Class, it won't strip the wax and I'm sure it will wash the lint off.

Also, not that it matters to you since you didn't like them, but MF towels are not supposed to be exposed to high heat. I don't think boiling them would do anything to them other then ruin them.
:whs: Try washing it again. A good shampoo won't take your LSP off.

As for the towels. Some towels need to be washed a couple times before use, espeacailly the ones with a thick nap. Kinda like a new bath towel.

ScottB
05-17-2009, 08:32 AM
lint should just blow off ....maybe a duster would help on clean surface.

I wash all my MF towels together but seperate of all other laundry, always used a dedicated MF soap, dry with dryer balls, and never had any issues. Sorry to hear you have a less than stellar experience.

Matt
05-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I've still not found a microfiber that doesn't lint on my glass, but I've never had the problem with it on paint.

Even my Cobra Gold Plush towels lint like crazy on the glass as soon as it starts to get a little bit dry, but they're great for the paint.

termigator
05-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I've still not found a microfiber that doesn't lint on my glass, but I've never had the problem with it on paint.

Even my Cobra Gold Plush towels lint like crazy on the glass as soon as it starts to get a little bit dry, but they're great for the paint.

I use those made-for-glass MF towels by Microtex at Walmart. No lint issues. They're woven differently, so don't try using them on your paint.:D

Jimmie
05-17-2009, 10:23 AM
The things that you tried should have worked. Are you sure that you didn't trap some lint in/under your LSP? If the things that the guys above mentioned still don't get it I'd move to a paint cleaner like Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion.

Rsurfer
05-17-2009, 05:59 PM
The things that you tried should have worked. Are you sure that you didn't trap some lint in/under your LSP? If the things that the guys above mentioned still don't get it I'd move to a paint cleaner like Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion.
:whs:sounds like the lint is trapped between your LSP's.

corolla619
05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
I tried the pinnacle cleansing lotion on a panel and it seemed to have worked a bit. guess when i have time i will do the whole car all over again. This could very well be the case. What a nightmare i got into lol.

by the way, i looked into another set of mf's....the cobra supreme shine 530 mf's. They say they don't lint at all. Think this is a good choice? anyone have them? and if so. what's your thoughts?

I just don't want this headache ever ever ever ever again. Makes me not want to detail since my towels are contaminated. Thanks in advance.

termigator
05-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm sure I'll get excommunicated and banished to Hades for saying this, but I do just fine with the Microtex polishing MF towels in the 2-packs at Walmart. I have not had any paint scratching issues with them.
I also bought the Shamrock MF towels. I personally find them to be overly thick. I tried using them for wiping off QD's and I couldn't get a very good grip on them. I'm going to try using them for wax removal next and see how that works out. At worst, I could always use them as wash cloths for my kids. I' sure they'll love the plushness.:D

corolla619
05-19-2009, 02:00 AM
^^^^termigator. did the microtex mf towels work well with quick detailers? that is my concern. The car in my signature is my weekend warrior so when i get it home it just gets qd'd and i want a towel that i can enjoy qd'ing with. i have tons of mf's but just want a few of decent quality that i can enjoy my process with.

termigator
05-19-2009, 05:59 AM
They work great for me. They're not overly thick, so they don't bunch up while I'm wiping the panel. The Shamrocks seem to be doing that to me. If you decide to get them, make sure to do the CD test (rub the towel on a CD and check for scratches) before using them on your baby.

img
05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
ILike many, I have, or have tried almost every color cobras.

For QD, like yu want, I'd go with the 530's--they're great.

You could do a final once-over with the Shamrocks if you like.

I've posted before that I love the Shamrocks to wash with DP
rinseless.

Good luck.