PDA

View Full Version : Detailing an RV?

mbaledge
05-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Hello fellow Auotgeeks,
I have recently been propositioned to detail a family friends RV. It's roughly 36' with a basement. First off, I have no idea where to start regarding a detail of this size. I also have no idea how much a detail like this should go for! If anyone has any experience in this area, I would greatly appreciate any input or ideas you might care to share. Thanks :)

macman3130
05-17-2009, 07:15 AM
rough estimate for about anything car wash is round 20$/hr. id start there and tac on a nice chunk for supplies on something that size. what all does customer want done??

Jimmie
05-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Check out the detail menu from the popular RV suppliers. The last time that I checked a wash/wax was $13 or $14 a foot. That was about a year ago. Probably no paint correction with that price. I spent twelve days of free time detailing my 34 foot and still find areas in need of more. To put it in perspective the winshield isn't a three minute job. It's about 20-30 minutes up/down a ladder that has to be moved around. That's true all the way around. You will use a lot of product too.

sal329
05-17-2009, 01:54 PM
What are you including in this detail? I have cleaned up 2 RV's so far and in talks for more. I have only washed no polishing or wax, cleaned the compartment and one I have cleaned the engine. I charge a flat rate to wash but with polishing or waxing I charge by the foot. I only clean the cockpit of the RV as far as interior.

BenzDetailer
05-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Do a walk around with the client and determine their expectations. If you are just doing a rinse, wash and quick wax and the unit is not heavly oxidized $20 plus a running foot is okay. Any correction or scuff removal is on top of that. Also plug in some material cost and an extra 1 or 2 hours of Labor if the client seems Picky. HINT: if you want to know how picky they are asked to see the inside - pretend you are curious about the layout. Make sure in addition to the General area you look inside the fridge, Stove area and Bathroom. If they are spotless you need to add 5% to you price.

sal329
05-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I wish I could get $20 a foot here for wash and wax. I get $15 a foot for wash, 1 step and wax