PDA

View Full Version : Clean Weathertech and MF Container

jimlenz
05-16-2009, 06:41 PM
I have two questions.

1. I have some very nice, brand new weathertech floor liners. I was wondering what your suggestion was to clean and protect these?

2. I need something to store all my mf towels, pads, mits, and other items like this. I looked at target and there was nothing that was nice and big enough. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

loudog2
05-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I got mine at target. They are big containers, that fit on my steel storage cabinet shelves. I think they are 30Lx16W, forgot the height. I can put the 32oz menzerna bottles in there with 2 inches to spare.

jimlenz
05-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I got mine at target. They are big containers, that fit on my steel storage cabinet shelves. I think they are 30Lx16W, forgot the height. I can put the 32oz menzerna bottles in there with 2 inches to spare.

Do you suggest putting your polish, wax and other items in containers also or leaving them on the stroage shelves?

I live in Michigan, what about them being in the garage during the winter. The garage can get quite cold during the winter.

loudog2
05-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I keep them in there(container). In the winter I just carry the container inside. I'm in Northern Illinois, it gets just as cold here also. I have 2 big ones, other is for my microfiber. There is a smaller one for my carnubas.

harshest
05-18-2009, 07:36 AM
As for the Weathertech liners I just used some Meguiars APC and a stiff brush to clean mine up. I haven't found anything to protect them that doesn't make them too slick.

litterfisher
08-02-2010, 04:07 PM
I have never had a hard time getting the perfect color for all my trucks with weathertech. just the best mats.

cooksnj
08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
dp interior cleaner. works great on those mats.

fusion
08-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Do you suggest putting your polish, wax and other items in containers also or leaving them on the stroage shelves?

I live in Michigan, what about them being in the garage during the winter. The garage can get quite cold during the winter.

I think majority of the cleaning stuff will say do not let it freeze or something like that.

Redneckmafia
08-02-2010, 05:44 PM
I spray our Husky Liners which are similar to the W.T. with an APC to clean them and after they dry I hit them with some Q.D to give them a little gloss without being slippery..

MI Mike
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
(I keep them in there(container). In the winter I just carry the container inside. I'm in Northern Illinois, it gets just as cold here.)

Jimlenz. Being also from Michigan, when you hear that the temperature is going to hit 32-deg. its time to bring your supplies inside. Hope for a warm spell, before the white stuff starts flying. Count the day's till Spring. Now is the time to start thinking Winter Prep., etc.