PDA

View Full Version : stickers and touch up paint

Pitch Black
05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Hey guys!!
As usual I'm looking for some insight. I'm a newbie at buffing. I recently purchased the Flex/Wolfgang package. My first victum, if you will. hahahaha will be my husband's 02 Frontier. It is a Dessert Runner and it has the usual Dessert Runner sticker on the side near the tailgate. I'm assumming that there is no way I want the correction production to touch the sticker. I can picture the sticker getting all scared up. Has anyone buffered over a factory sticker?

There are also a few stone chips that he has filled in with touch up paint. Will the Flex smooth out the touch up paint?

I know these may seem like silly questions but I have been wondering how to handle those areas.

mini titan
05-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Flex is not a magic wand so the paint chips will need to have some time spent with them . I have gone over stickers but would do my best to "Just" go over them, Dont apply pressure. But know this... If the sticker is removed it will ghost.
Check out Autogeek link LANGKA Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit: Repair scratches on your car without a professional paint job! touch-up paint, scratch repair kit, chip repair, (http://www.autogeek.net/langka-paint-chip-repair-kit.html)

r0ckstrWS6
05-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry I have nothing of value to add. I was just hoping you'd post pictures of the vette. :)

michael k
05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
And...while your at it post some pics of the stickers too..

Pitch Black
05-18-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry I have nothing of value to add. I was just hoping you'd post pictures of the vette. :)

Hey!! Sorry guys busy weekend. Got the vette out of hibernation this weekend. Oh...it was nice. I finished detailing her right down to the under carriage spray.:cheers: She looked good!!

Right now I don't have any pictures of the factory sticker on the Frontier. The truck needs washed.

I'll see if i can get around to posting some pictures of the vette.:righton:

BenzDetailer
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Mini Titan is right on the Money. Use the LANGKA kit and dont be afraid to pull all the paint back out of the chip and start over as the directions will suggest. There is a little bit of an art to it but once you get it down and level the "BLOBS" you will get great results finishing with the Flex. I like to let it cure a few days if at all possible.

LincolnZephyr2006
06-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Do NOT buff over the factory decals as they will get ruined by a buffer. Just outline them with tape and leave them be... you will fade the sticker down if you do... Hope this helps.

Pitch Black
06-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Do NOT buff over the factory decals as they will get ruined by a buffer. Just outline them with tape and leave them be... you will fade the sticker down if you do... Hope this helps.
That is what I thought. I figured the buffer would scratch up and lighten (fade) the factory stickers. Thank you for the clarification. Any advice on how to buff into a curve? Say for example where the side to of the truck bed curves in at the very top.

nataliewebb01
10-31-2009, 01:48 AM
you look for deeply for the correction of your sticker aligned at tailgate , let you google some research there you may sure find some useful resources regarding of sicker or decals factory . .

Matt
10-31-2009, 04:03 AM
Well I gave "the Google" (the way my economics lecturer says it) a try and came up with this image, is this what the sticker looks like?

http://images.automotive.com/cob/factory_automotive/images/Features/auto_shows/2004_CIAS/2005_Nissan_Frontier_Desert%20Runner_rear.jpg

lovercar
04-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Using chemicals can sometimes damage paint.
You can use some ways i tried on this post : How To Remove Sticker (http://carunderstanding.com/how-to-remove-sticker-from-car-window/)

Toolhead
04-26-2017, 06:59 PM
I just removed the dealer sticker from the gals camry...

Then did the wg 3 step system...

For some reason after removing the sticker..i stared at it fir around 5 mins and thought what a huge improvement that small step made for the car.