PDA

View Full Version : Quick review - Swissvax Saphir

Pages : [1] 2

AeroCleanse
05-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Time for another quick review!

Once again, I used my personal truck for the testing. I removed the Dodojuice stuff, clay bar and polish.

First Swissvax Saphir smells fantastic, like mango or some other tropical fruit (must remember not to eat :) )

I used a microfiber applicator to apply the product very thinly, not my hands. I goes on like a dream! Given the price ($149) thin coats make good sense. Let dry the 10min suggested on the can. Buffed off with a microfiber towel. Very easy to take off as well, no effort at all. My style is to use on side of the microfiber to "break the tension" then flip it over and run over it again with the clean side.

Then they suggest that you leave it out in the sun and not touch it for 3hrs if possible. I did this and wow it does get better over time. I did all the waxing outside in the sun, and it didn't seem to effect the product or technique at all.

I tested the beading / sheeting action and its the best I have seen.

So for $149, is it worth it? Well if you want your car to look the best then yes! If you want the durability, well no, unless you apply a few coats or are fanatic (and isn't that why we are all here) and reapply every three months.

If you want to get hands on with your car, or your customer cars, you can apply it using your bare hands.

Subtle differences to be sure, but IMHO well worth it.

smokin' mark
05-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Is that similar to Concorso? I've always wanted to try Swissvax.

AeroCleanse
05-15-2009, 02:00 PM

Similar yes, Concorso is the next step up and Onyx is one step down.

nitro78
05-15-2009, 05:13 PM
pics?:Picture:

TheDodgeGuy
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for sharing.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-15-2009, 10:15 PM

There is a big jump between the two. Concorso looks alot better than Saphir. Swissvax waxes really don't start out shining other waxes until starting with Concorso and go up. Anything below Concorso really looks no different than Souveran or Nattys Blue.

smokin' mark
05-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll break down and try Concorso one day. It's just hard to part with that much cash!

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I wish I had a little more self control, I have all their waxes from Saphir on up to Divine.

AeroCleanse
05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
I wish I had a little more self control, I have all their waxes from Saphir on up to Divine.

Hows the Crystal Rock ?

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Hows the Crystal Rock ?

The only reason to have anything more than concorso on up and this goes for Zymol also is to make washing the car alot easier. The water just falls of the paint whether it is by washing it or if it gets rained on. I will add they also do hold their shine longer. Otherwise if you polish the paint correctly you will not see much difference from say Souveran or Rubbish Boys OE. As far as CR goes it is no better than Concorso, Smargd or BOS. If people that have and say they see a real difference from the high end waxes, in my opinion they are just trying to justify the money they spent on those waxes. This is coming from someone that has them so if I was you I would not go any further up than Concorso. Concorso looks better than most of the other boutique waxes and last longer.

akimel
05-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Aerocleanse, are you able to put into words any differences you are able to see, in terms of looks, between Saphir and other waxes you have tried.

ScottB
05-16-2009, 08:46 AM
. If people that have and say they see a real difference from the high end waxes, in my opinion they are just trying to justify the money they spent on those waxes. .

:iagree::iagree:

Having tested most of the Zymol line and some of the Swisswax (which almost seems like a copy or vice versa) their prices dont justify the wax. Light nuiances at best and most are more difficult to apply/remove.

AeroCleanse
05-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Aerocleanse, are you able to put into words any differences you are able to see, in terms of looks, between Saphir and other waxes you have tried.

The reflections are crisper with Saphir than other waxes.

AeroCleanse
05-16-2009, 09:01 AM
:iagree::iagree:

Having tested most of the Zymol line and some of the Swisswax (which almost seems like a copy or vice versa) their prices dont justify the wax. Light nuiances at best and most are more difficult to apply/remove.

Swissvax Saphir was easy to apply/remove. Maybe people that have bad experiences with it are using too much product or not following the directions.

2hotford
05-16-2009, 10:35 AM
The reflections are crisper with Saphir than other waxes.

Cool!

What other waxes have you tried as that would also give people a reference point to compare to. What colors have you used them on etc. Are you able to catch these differences in a photo or could you take a photo of your truck for us to see what it looks like?

I am always open to new products... :) :)

Tim