PDA

View Full Version : A few newbie questions

NY946
05-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Greetings,

I would like some direction with a few questions I have.

Before I purchase any of the products, I just wanted some feedback about my choices and whether or not I should select something else.

I have a 2006 BLACK Chevy Tahoe with moderate to severe swirls and a handful of scratches. I live in Northern NY with lots of pollen and acid rain.

First, I have decided on the purchasing the UDM. I could get a regular 7424, but hear the UDM is better. Input?

Should I purchase the CCS or the Edge 2k Pads? Everyone has a different opinion on this...

I was going to pick up the following to get the truck 'back in shape'
>Megs 105 & 205 to remove the swirls OR Menz SIP

>WG DGPS to seal the paint

>Fuzion or Souveran as wax on top of the sealant.

I want to renew the deep wet black look that my truck used to have and keep it protected.

Feed back please

Thanks in advance for the help!
~Eli

HMFIC
05-15-2009, 12:19 AM
I only know rotary so i cant help you on that matter.

I Have not tried Megs 105 or 205 but I here nothing but good things about them, so they must rock.

Menz line is amazing.

WG PS Is the only sealant I have used. Waiting 12 hours between apps kinda sucks but worth the wait.

Fuzion is the most enjoyable wax to use and smells nice too. No waiting for haze bs. Last longer then pure carnauba wax and still looks excellent. (wet on wet off)

Souveran I have only used once, on a gold metalic car, and it really made the flakes pop.
(wet on wet off)

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Greetings,

I would like some direction with a few questions I have.

Before I purchase any of the products, I just wanted some feedback about my choices and whether or not I should select something else.

I have a 2006 BLACK Chevy Tahoe with moderate to severe swirls and a handful of scratches. I live in Northern NY with lots of pollen and acid rain.

First, I have decided on the purchasing the UDM. I could get a regular 7424, but hear the UDM is better. Input?

Should I purchase the CCS or the Edge 2k Pads? Everyone has a different opinion on this...

I was going to pick up the following to get the truck 'back in shape'
>Megs 105 & 205 to remove the swirls OR Menz SIP

>WG DGPS to seal the paint

>Fuzion or Souveran as wax on top of the sealant.

I want to renew the deep wet black look that my truck used to have and keep it protected.

Feed back please

Thanks in advance for the help!
~Eli

I have the PC and enjoy it. I'm not sure if the UDM is more powerful or if they're the same machine, but I can tell you the PC is easy to use. I have only used CCS pads and they are great pads. They come in many cut choices and sizes, and are easy to clean. For my PC, I use 5.5" and 4" pads. I've heard good things about M105 and 205, but I use Menzerna SIP/Nano. I'm also planning on getting Menz 85RD in the near future to add that third polish step to really amp up the paint. If you go with M105/205 combo, I would suggest also getting a finer finish polish as I've also heard you need it to refine 205 and get more gloss. Wolfgang sealant is the best. Apply it, let it sit for an hour, then remove. Wait 12 hours before applying another coat or topping with your Fuzion or Souveran. I've used Natty's Blue and had awesome results. You could also try out a sample pot of Dodo Juice Purple Haze if you want. Hope this helps!

sal329
05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
The new UDM is as powerful as a PC. Meguiars g110 is a lil more powerful. If you could get a Flex. With the PC I use only 4" LC pads. M105 and 205 are both great. I use FK1 1000p as my sealant. For a topper Fuzion would be a great choice.