PDA

View Full Version : Buying Some New Product

Pages : [1] 2 3

ZmZoom6
09-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I recently started to discover other detailing products and have been moving away from OTC products. I managed to put together a shopping list and was looking for some feedback. I already have ordered QD (PB S&W), Interior Cleaner (DP) and I have some Tire Shine, Car Shampoo (NXT), Wax (S100) and Wheel Cleaner. Here's my current shopping list:

Clearkote VMG (I have AIO so I'm not sure if i really need it, just wanted to try)
Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax
Poorboy's ExP
303 Carpet Cleaner
Cobra MF towels

Also, If someone can help, is it better to stick with one line and follow through or try diff. products? (I'm really just starting to experiment)

-Thanks

aceshigh73
09-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I cant comment on the Clearkote except for their QD (which is good!) but I know killr(Scott) really likes them...
EX-P is a great pure sealant and has a big fanbase....
I used the 303 carpet cleaner a couple of weeks ago on my minivan very dirty/stained with great success.....
Cobras are great towels.. even better when you catch them on a sale....

As far as mixing lines.. I think most do it.... Just watch your carnuba based products in regards to order.....
I've done recently....
PB's Wash
Klasse AIO
PB EX-P
DP Max Wax Carnuba
ClearKote Quickshine to touch up
PB's S&W for some light cleaning...

All live nicely together...

just check with someone as to the friendliness of the CK line

Reddwarf
09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
I agree with aceshigh. Most folks on this forum mix product lines. I think a lot has to do with persoanl taste and experimenting. Certainly, there are some shining stars in every line. That said, I don't think you could go wrong sticking with a line like DP, Poorboy's, Wolfgang or Pinnacle. All are excellent product lines.

ZmZoom6
09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Have you tried ex sealant w/ carnuba?

aceshigh73
09-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Have you tried ex sealant w/ carnuba?

Have not tried that product.... decided to stay pure sealant for durability and if I wanted, top it with Max Wax (I bought the Natty's Blue yesterday on an impulse buy) carnuba.
It all depends on what you are after...

Im still debating my winter strategy.....

-Mike

ZmZoom6
09-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the input everyone

ZmZoom6
09-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Quick One. I'm looking at AG for some MF towels. Any Suggestions on which type or should a buy a pack with some diff ones?

aceshigh73
09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Quick One. I'm looking at AG for some MF towels. Any Suggestions on which type or should a buy a pack with some diff ones?

This also depends on what you are looking to do with them....

I can reccommend their Miracle Towels to remove wax, sealants, etc...
Their Super Plush are great at the above as well as QD'ing....
My personal opinion is they are too expensive for "non-paint" applications (tires and wheels, jams, interior, glass, etc)... so I use the BJ's 25-pack for $10. We've recently debated this in a different thread.. most dont like the warehouse MF's.... I think they are a great buy when used properly....

ZmZoom6
09-02-2006, 06:34 PM
can you point me in the direction of that thread? i am interested in reading it.

ScottB
09-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I get asked by PM twice weekly the top 5-10 products I would suggest from the pages of AG :

1. Pinnacle Souveran Paste
2. Poorboys SSR 2.5 / 1.0
3. Klasse AIO/SG
4. Poorboys Suds
5. Clearkote Red Moose / Vanilla Moose (hand) Glazes
6. Pinnacle Crystal Mist
7. Poorboys Bug Squash
8. Clearkote Quikshine
9. Pinnacle Ultra Clay
10. DP Gel Wheel Protectant

now there are many other fine products within these pages. Several additions and substitutions. But these are 10 products I keep on hand at all times. I am watching the durability of DP Shield Shine (new version) as this might just be our best sealant offering. Time will tell, but initially it looks great, and I might have to change my list.

ZmZoom6
09-02-2006, 06:56 PM
how about carpet cleaners?

ScottB
09-02-2006, 06:58 PM
how about carpet cleaners?

Wolfgang Spot Remover is my fav, better than the Carpet Restorer. The DP Carpet Cleaner works very well, but heavy scented, so you need some time to air out the interior after use.

ZmZoom6
09-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Ok so here it what I plan on ordering:
PB ExP
PB SSR1
CK Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze
Cobra Orange MF Applicators
6 Pack Cobra Super Plush Deluxe Towels (For polishing and wax removal)
DP Carpet Cleaner

Anything I might have missed or a better alternative for one of the above?

joe.p
09-02-2006, 07:35 PM
:p You guys dont know how hard its be for me to resist making anymore purchases. i can't take it anymore. Then i get a call today from someone telling me about the sale and 15% disc at pinnacle, wants to know when/what im gonna order .. you know what i told them your gonna have to start logging in AG blowing out sales left and right there moving to a big wharehouse dont wann to have to move it all :p . Anyone wanna bet me he'll be calling Jason/Mehgan real soon..:D

wytstang
09-02-2006, 07:46 PM
For interior cleaning (cloth/leather/vinyl/plastic) I like Woolite original cut 10:1 cheap and very effective and yes this is the laundry detergent. Also remeber sealant will have problems bonding with glazes, so if you plan on using VM then trying to top it with EXP you have have some issues to deal with. MF towels well I actually get those else were cause my pockets aren't that deep lol......