PDA

View Full Version : first machine???new 7424xp???

mwheberger
05-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I am purchasing a dual action polisher and read as much as possible. After hearing a TON about the FLEX, no question that is the best. But this being my first machine and price is somewhat important, I am thinking the new PC7424xp. I was going to get the Megs G110 but just learned about the new 7424 that is slightly more powerful than the G110. So I think this would be good. I wanted to use the CCS pads with it, I think the 5.5 inch and the 4 inch pads would be best. What accessories or modifications will I need to make to accommodate these pads?

Do you guys think the new 7424 is a smart buy? If not, how would you go?

CakeDaddy
05-14-2009, 07:43 PM
I am purchasing a dual action polisher and read as much as possible. After hearing a TON about the FLEX, no question that is the best. But this being my first machine and price is somewhat important, I am thinking the new PC7424xp. I was going to get the Megs G110 but just learned about the new 7424 that is slightly more powerful than the G110. So I think this would be good. I wanted to use the CCS pads with it, I think the 5.5 inch and the 4 inch pads would be best. What accessories or modifications will I need to make to accommodate these pads?

Do you guys think the new 7424 is a smart buy? If not, how would you go?

By all means purchase the PC if price is an issue and I think you may be the first to give us true feedback on the nex xp. I like the idea of the 5.5 and 4inch pads.

dublifecrisis
05-14-2009, 08:47 PM
all you need are the 2 backing plates to accomodate these 2 pad sizes and yes IMO these are the 2 pad sizes that work best for the PC. 5.5 inch for general polishing and the 4 inch for better correction and use in tighter areas.

Rsurfer
05-14-2009, 08:50 PM
There is a post that it will be released in late July for around $110.00. Dunno about the price posted, maybe by the doz.