PDA

View Full Version : dewalt 849 question

fech
05-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I just got a Dewalt 849 and had a few questions and figured I would ask the pros.

Another website said that it is practically idiot proof if you keep the settings on 1000-1200 for polishing. Has anyone had experience with this?

I have the edge 6 inch and 4 inch pads but on the autogeek site, it only mentions using the 8 inch edge. Is the 6 not recommended?

Last but not least, anyone have a car I can use to try this on?:D I'm a little intimidated to try it on my own.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
I have had my two Black and Deckers for over 20 years so you bought a very good buffer. The 6 inch pads will work fine with the buffer. That speed will work, it is more about paying attention and alot of praticing

Rsurfer
05-14-2009, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't start out using a rotary with 8" pads. Larger pads will create more heat than smaller pads. 6" pads are fine. Maybe Asphalt would let you practice on his black vette!

fech
05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't start out using a rotary with 8" pads. Larger pads will create more heat than smaller pads. 6" pads are fine. Maybe Asphalt would let you practice on his black vette!

That would be great. I wanted to try a black car. Thanks for the suggestions about the pads. Looks like I need to get the edge adapter.

Rsurfer
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
BTW a rotary is not idiot proof. Like Asphalt said, you need to practice first. Get an old panel from a body shop and practice, practice, practice!!!

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Sure he can, just write me a check for it and he can practice to his hearts content.:D

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-14-2009, 09:59 PM

Or the Cobra...