PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Pick My Products

Pages : [1] 2 3

PearlWhiteGT
05-14-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm getting the Flex 3401 & have some PoorBoys SSR2.5 & SSR1. What else do I need to make this car look better than new??? Exterior.....

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/PearlWhiteGT/2007_0914G350010.jpg

smokin' mark
05-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Did you get any pads?

- car shampoo
- clay bar and lubricant
- pb white diamond
- wg sealant
- liquid souveran

I assume your car is pearl white.

r0ckstrWS6
05-14-2009, 12:10 PM
don't forget the wheels and tires :)

-tire cleaner and dressing
-wheel cleaner and protectant

termigator
05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Did you get any pads?

- car shampoo
- clay bar and lubricant
- pb white diamond
- wg sealant
- liquid souveran

I assume your car is pearl white.

:whs: Except I'd do either Natty's Blue or Meguiar's #26 instead of Liquid Souveran. Of course, I'm assuming your car is red, like the picture. If it's pearl white, I'd go S100. :)

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Get a good wheel cleaner like P21S Gel. Also clay and lube like stated above as well as some pads. I'll give Natty's Blue another vote. That stuff is great on darker colored cars. Dodo Juice Orange Crush is also perfect for a red car. I've used both waxes and can't complain about the results :) The Wolfgang Sealant is also a top of the line product.

PearlWhiteGT
05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
The car is red. The flex comes with a couple of pads. So Natty's blue & P21S Gel are next. What clay bar & lubricant would be good? Would surk city speed demon or FK 425 help with drying? I also want to get a cobra supreme guzzler.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-14-2009, 01:05 PM
The car is red. The flex comes with a couple of pads. So Natty's blue & P21S Gel are next. What clay bar & lubricant would be good? Would surk city speed demon or FK 425 help with drying? I also want to get a cobra supreme guzzler.

I've used the Mother's and Meg's Clay bar and love them both. I've also heard good things about Pinnacle's Poly Clay, but have never used it. You could also try Clay Magic Blue. Mother's, Meg's and Clay Magic can both be picked up locally at your Autozone or Wal-Mart.

PearlWhiteGT
05-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Does everyone clay? Would it make a difference if I didn't clay the car first & just used a orange pad & some SSR2.5? Still trying to learn.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-14-2009, 02:17 PM
If you're going to do it the correct way, you should clay. There are contaminants on your paint that you can't see. Get a Zip Lock bag, put your hand in it, and then rub it over your paint. You will probably feel it being very rough. Just imagine that getting spread all over your paint, you would end up making a mess of your paint lol. Clay one panel and compare it to a panel not clayed. You will be very surprised at the difference.

PearlWhiteGT
05-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Sounds good to me. Clay it is!!! When drying with a quick detailer, how do I exactly do it? After washing while it is still wet do I spray the car & just wipe? Do I make a quick pass with the guzzler then spray the QD & wipe?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
You can pull the car in your garage or a shaded area and get most of the water off with a leaf blower. Then just spray the section you're drying with some QD and it'll dry perfectly. If you're going to clay, don't use the leaf blower and leave the car wet. Then all you have to do is spray your clay lube on the car and start claying. Also, when you rinse the car off, take the gun off the end of the hose and let the water flow out onto your car starting from the top. It'll make drying much easier :).

PearlWhiteGT
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Is this correct then?

Wash
Clay
Wash Again
SSR2.5 with Orange Pad
SSR1 with White Pad
Glaze
Wax/Sealant

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah your process is fine :). Just my personal preference, but I don't use glazes. All glazes do is fill in scratches that were not removed. After a rain or wash, they are revealed again. Just take your time with the SSR 2.5. If you don't get all the swirls out with one pass, don't be afraid to do another. Your SSR 1 will remove the marring from the 2.5. Then you can add your sealant, and then you can top that with your LSP.

tempter927
05-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah your process is fine :). Just my personal preference, but I don't use glazes. All glazes do is fill in scratches that were not removed. After a rain or wash, they are revealed again. Just take your time with the SSR 2.5. If you don't get all the swirls out with one pass, don't be afraid to do another. Your SSR 1 will remove the marring from the 2.5. Then you can add your sealant, and then you can top that with your LSP.

If the glaze is sealed in by applying a wax/sealant on top of the glaze will it still wash away that quickly?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-14-2009, 03:34 PM
If the glaze is sealed in by applying a wax/sealant on top of the glaze will it still wash away that quickly?

I can't answer that because I've only used a glaze once and didn't seal after. I guess it would make sense...but after a proper correction and polish, a glaze isn't needed. Some people think it adds more gloss and stuff, but I don't see it. None of the professionals use it either.