PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Meguiar's NXT and Ultimate Products?

Emile
05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey,

So I know that when it comes to Meguiar's Quik Detailer vs Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer, the UQD features easier application, slicker results, shinier results, and some form of paint protection. But what is the difference between Ultimate Quik Detailer and NXT Speed Detailer? Or Ultimate Quik Wax vs NXT Spray Wax? I've been using NXT Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid on my G35 Coupe and using Ultimate QD as my maintenance spray. Should I be using the NXT Speed Detailer as the Tech Wax's maintenance spray? Or does UQD look better, or what?

It just seems like the NXT Spray Wax and NXT Detailer are cheaper than the Ultimate Spray Wax and Ultimate QD and you get more product, too. Anybody have any explanation for this???

Thanks,
Emile

ScottB
05-16-2009, 08:59 AM
I believe that there is alot of overlap between the professional line (brown bottles) and the consumer OTC products.

BenzDetailer
05-16-2009, 10:27 AM
There is no comparison Between NXT Spray wax and Ultimate Spray Wax - USW is far superior. I did an exyensive side by side panel test on three vehicles (One Trailer Queen and Two Daily Drivers) The ultimat Spray Wax on a just Clayed and Corrected finish is a great final wipe down prior to wax application. Then I use it in between washings as my Quik Detailer as long as the vehicles are clean. I like Use it with a shamrock and no pressure wipe down and then top it With DODO Detailer Mist. t is so highly reflective with that combination its insane. ALso the depth is still there from whatever wax you have layed down. PLS, XMT, NB. One word of caution No UQW on black or dark car in direct sunlight. I have a Black mercedes that in 90 degree sun has a surface temp of 140 plus. At that temperature it gets tricky to apply then wipe. One other tip if you know you will be laying on WAX or other Wax Detailer products I like to have them cooled to 50 to 60 degrees which you can do in a cooler if you are mobile or in a fridege or freezer for a short time. I never lay on Natty's Blue or Red without it being cooled below 50. Results at the molecular level are amazing and the cure and wipe off time is outstanding.