PDA

View Full Version : Hard Wax for Black Car

Pages : [1] 2 3

CakeDaddy
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I’ve been hearing a lot about “Hard Wax” like the Dodo Juice Blue velvet. I wasn’t really impressed with the feedback from users on this forum so with that being said………. What other hard waxes can you recommend for a black car that will protect and at the same time shine like crazy? I would also like one that is easy on and easy off.

bamaproshop
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I have a charcoal gray (fixing to have a black 2010 Camaro) car i use fuzion and love the results

nitro78
05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
i would consider fuzion a soft wax, my recommended hard wax is rubbish boys oe. once you get the aplication process down u get great results. i personally let the wax sit for an hour then remove with oid then come back a couple hours later and rebuff.

mrGolfRider
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
why the extra step of a rebuff? I can understand the OID though.

nitro78
05-13-2009, 03:06 PM
its recommended by r.b. and i have noticed it is recommended on high carnauba content waxes such as zymol vintage and swissvax concorso. the reason for this i am not certain, but the shine does seem better after the rebuff.

CakeDaddy
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
fuzion...
this one:
Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, carnauba car wax, show car wax, polymer wax, paste wax, Wolfgang German car care (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html)

Largebore
05-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Does Fuzion attrack pollen as does the Souveran?
I am about to give up on my Souveran as waxing the car is a joke as it is covered in pollen the moment I leave the garage.

AeroCleanse
05-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I’ve been hearing a lot about “Hard Wax” like the Dodo Juice Blue velvet. I wasn’t really impressed with the feedback from users on this forum so with that being said………. What other hard waxes can you recommend for a black car that will protect and at the same time shine like crazy? I would also like one that is easy on and easy off.

Depends on how much money you have. Swissvax Crystal Rock is supposed to be very good, but its $1,100 a tub. Of course there are lower priced Swissvax products, I'm getting Swissvax Saphir tomorrow I hope.

Optimum Spray Wax is also very good, but not sure how it fits into "hard vs soft"

CakeDaddy
05-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Depends on how much money you have. Swissvax Crystal Rock is supposed to be very good, but its $1,100 a tub. Of course there are lower priced Swissvax products, I'm getting Swissvax Saphir tomorrow I hope.

Optimum Spray Wax is also very good, but not sure how it fits into "hard vs soft"

Seriously:mad: $1100 for a tub. Im vexed at the $40 price tag on the measley 3oz cup of Wolfgang Fuzion.:mad:

02CAMSS
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Have you ever even used dodo juice? I think there stuff looks great.I have tried Bannana armor and Rain forest rub with excellent results.

CakeDaddy
05-14-2009, 08:47 AM
I wasn’t really impressed with the feedback from DoDo Blue velvet users on this forum, so............. I hear lots of good talk on the WolfGang Fuzion, but the price..........

akimel
05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Why don't you give Collinite 915 a try. It came in second place for looks, ahead of Zymol Royale and several others, in Dave KG's wax test (they used black cars), and it is well known for its excellent durability.

Other possibilities: Meguiar's Hi Tech Yellow Wax (M26--available both in liquid and paste) and Lusso Oro. Both are said to look very good on black.

AeroCleanse
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Seriously:mad: $1100 for a tub. Im vexed at the $40 price tag on the measley 3oz cup of Wolfgang Fuzion.:mad:

$1100, yes and thats not even the most expensive stuff.

AeroCleanse
05-14-2009, 09:14 AM
I wasn’t really impressed with the feedback from DoDo Blue velvet users on this forum, so............. I hear lots of good talk on the WolfGang Fuzion, but the price..........

I got a free sample of it, and didn't like it.

smokin' mark
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
$1100, yes and thats not even the most expensive stuff.

Not even close to the most expensive. There is one for $9000.