PDA

View Full Version : Souveran Paste alone vs. Topping Klasse Twins w/ Souveran Paste?

mdgrwl
05-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Wondering what you all thought about using Souveran Paste alone after a polish -vs.- topping Klasse AIO & SG then using Souveran?
I understand the protection of Klasse, but wondering strictly looks wise, would you notice the Klasse Twins base?

Color is Smokey Granit (like a dark charcoal while also looking like a dark blue in some lighting).

Thanks!

Emile
05-13-2009, 10:48 AM
After polishing, going straight to Souveran would be perfect. You may want to do an alcohol wipe-down after the polishing so that you get rid of all the polishing oils since Souveran has no cleaners in it.

mdgrwl
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Gotcha, thanks! But what do you think the appearance of the finish would look like using Klasse as a base vs. not using it?

Emile
05-13-2009, 11:35 AM
You don't have to use Klasse as a base at all. I never use Klasse Sealant Glaze because I'm not crazy about the look or the application (it's always hard for me to buff off).

Using Klasse AIO and then topping with Souveran would look pretty darn good. But using Souveran on its own straight after polishing would bring out the best look of the Souveran.

smokin' mark
05-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I agree...Souveran looks great right after polish. I don't particularly like KSG either...just my $0.02