PDA

View Full Version : 5 Star Shine

tommyjitsu
05-12-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure if it is OK to ask about a question about a product not on this site. My question is has anyone ever used a product called 5 Star Shine and if so how does it compare to a top quality sealer like Wolfgang, etc.? I seen an advertisement on the web for this 5 star product but looking for some feedback if it is recommended or not. Thanks.

Meghan
05-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Sure you can ask, we just ask that you don't include links. I have not used it but maybe someone here can help you.

Derrick
05-12-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure if it is OK to ask about a question about a product not on this site. My question is has anyone ever used a product called 5 Star Shine and if so how does it compare to a top quality sealer like Wolfgang, etc.? I seen an advertisement on the web for this 5 star product but looking for some feedback if it is recommended or not. Thanks.

I don't recommend it. I was told it has teflon in the chemistry which affects repainting the car if you need it to be repainted ie. car gets in a wreck or something like that. I use another version of 5 SS that does not have teflon so it's more body shop friendly, but it is expensive.

Derrick

ScottB
05-12-2009, 08:21 AM
It has been dismissed several times on several forums. It is a paint sealant similar to Xillion and the durability has been challenged numerous times. Even dealer installed sealants need reapplication for proper protection during warranty periods.

Surfer
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah if you search Autopia you'll find some reviews pretty much dismissing it. Stick with a nice and durable sealant like Duragloss 105, or even a wax like Collinite 915 etc.

tempter927
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
For some reason I enjoy killerwheels' posts very much lately.

You cant go wrong with wolfgang sealant. Durability,slickness and protection are very good.

Emile
05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
This 5StarShine website has been around forever. They do heavy marketing, but I've never actually read any positive reviews, recommendations, or experiences with the product. So I don't know about you, but I'm not going to try a $70 product from some idiot company that has no reputation.

porta
05-12-2009, 12:36 PM

5Starshine or PPS is a awsome sealant that will outlasts all the other boutique sealants, I can say this without a doubt. 1 kit is enough to do 3 medium sized cars if used properly.

I don't recommend it. I was told it has teflon in the chemistry which affects repainting the car if you need it to be repainted ie. car gets in a wreck or something like that. I use another version of 5 SS that does not have teflon so it's more body shop friendly, but it is expensive.

Derrick

Toughguard? Well if it's toughguard I can say it's not more body shop friendly then PPS/5SS. I have not heard that anyone had a problem to respray a car who have been sealed with 5SS.

termigator
05-12-2009, 03:29 PM

And all of his old posts, for that matter.:D

You cant go wrong with wolfgang sealant. Durability,slickness and protection are very good.

Never tried *****, but I tend to shy away from anything that claims to protect and shine forever and ever, like those dealer sealants.:rolleyes:

ScottB
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM

thank you ...its rather nice to know someone is listening, or heck even dismissing my choices after reading. :D

Surfer
05-13-2009, 01:04 PM
thank you ...its rather nice to know someone is listening, or heck even dismissing my choices after reading. :DThats b/c I taught Scott everything

ScottB
05-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Thats b/c I taught Scott everything

We allow him to think he did, and thats alright by me too :D