PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob...Black C6,7424, Menzerna Ques??

bkazepis
05-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah I know...just what everyone needs another NOOB with ???

OK... awaiting my BIG box of stuff from Auto Geek including a 7424, Menzerna P083, Menzerna Nano Polish (PO106FA), 6.5 inch and 4.0 inch pads and a whole mess of other goodies..

I have a 2008 Black Corvette.

A few questions???

Do I need to wash the car first with Dawn to remove the multiple layers of Zaino on the car if I am going to use either of the Menzerna Polishes mentioned above?
What pads to use with the above products and what pads to use with a wax such as Dodo Juice or other hard waxes, what to use with a softer wax?
Can I put Z2 or Z5 on top of a wax as a LSP?..I think I'm getting good with the acronyms but please take it easy on me : )
What about ZCS on top of wax?
Any other suggestions for my car, product combos etc?

AudiTTman
05-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Well id pass on the Dawn for washing the car. Get a good car wash with lots of lubricant like Meguiars Gold Class Auto Wash. And then afterwords use a clay bar to remove all the road contaminants from the paint. This really helps because you start off with a perfectly clean surface that will have much more gloss as the final product

Pad wise, Yellow(if needed) Orange and white for the more aggressive polishes, then something intermediate like a grey/green pad for final polishing. The Red/Blue pads for waxing/sealant.

Im not to familiar with Z2 or Z5 waxes so ill leave that one to an expert.

Other than that, just prep the surface as well as you can before polishing. In all honestly, the better that is done, the better the overall result will be.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Great car and color! I would not use a yellow pad on the vette, the marring will be a pain in the ass to get out. If all possible try and get some 5 inch pads. Start with a white pad/106fa, if that doesn't work try sip/white pad, then sip/orange pad if the others do not work. After doing the others as needed use the 106fa on a finishing pad. As far as the ZAino I am one of the few vette owners that does not use Zaino so I can't help you there. As far as applying the DODO, you just need a yellow applicator that AG sells. Pictures of the car would help so I can get you in the right direction and is that ll the Menzerna that you have or are getting?

bkazepis
05-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Great car and color! I would not use a yellow pad on the vette, the marring will be a pain in the ass to get out. If all possible try and get some 5 inch pads. Start with a white pad/106fa, if that doesn't work try sip/white pad, then sip/orange pad if the others do not work. After doing the others as needed use the 106fa on a finishing pad. As far as the ZAino I am one of the few vette owners that does not use Zaino so I can't help you there. As far as applying the DODO, you just need a yellow applicator that AG sells. Pictures of the car would help so I can get you in the right direction and is that ll the Menzerna that you have or are getting?

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/bkazepis/VetteNearStream.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions...

Those are the Menzerna products I ordered, I am getting 6.5 and 4 inch pads....I will get whatever is the best for my car but I would hope I can use the things that I ordered unless I made a mistake getting what I did...

What regimen do you use on your black beauty, pads, product etc??

bkazepis
05-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Whats an sip/orange or sip/white pad? Getting used to the acronyms....

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Sip is what you ordered-Super Intensive polish. Orange would be the color of the pad. I use Pinnacle paint cleaner after washes or go over it with 3M Ultrafina or Menzerna 85rd. For wax I use either Pinnacle Souveran, Zymol Vintage, Swissvax BOS, Swissvax Mystery or Swissvax Divine.

loudog2
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
For the Dodo hard waxes, the P21 applicators work the best for me. They fit right in. Just spin them back and fourth to coat. You won't get the concave top. By spinnig the pad you'll keep your wax flat.

CakeDaddy
05-13-2009, 10:20 AM
I love the black car thread! You have the best polish in my opinion (Menzerna SIP's) Take the advice and get the smaller pads. The 5inch white & orange pads are best for correction work. Like they said... start with the white first and go orange only if necessary, but stay away from the yellow. You will be suprised at what you can accomplish with the Menzerna SIPs and a white pads.

As for the zaino......Sorry, no experience with it.