PDA

View Full Version : New rookie with a couple of questions

Gturbine
05-12-2009, 12:40 AM
I have a 09 Silver Maxima which I had detailed last weekend, Detailer used all FK1 products. He did the 3 step paint decontamination, polished and followed up with a sealant and then 1 coat of wax.

I plan on useing a QD everytime I wash and then 1-2 coats of wax every 4-6 weeks for about six months and hopefully by then I will either have a PC or a Flex DA.

Now comes the questions, is it niave of me to think that in six months the only thing I will need to do is some scratch corrections, clay and then seal and wax? Or is it pretty much a given that the entire car will need to be at least polished with say PO85Rd, sealed and waxed.

Last question, about how many times can a car be polished for light swril removal before the CC is gone?

ScottB
05-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Proper washing and drying techniques will avoid the scratches and swirls that will bring the need for polishing. In some cases a light finishing polish and pad is all thats needed and then recoat with the protection wax or sealant of your choice.

Gturbine
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks, thankfully the car is silver and a lot more forgiving and easier to care for then cars that are black.