PDA

View Full Version : Concern about M205...

Pages : [1] 2

highline1164
05-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Love the finished result, but Ive had some issues with sling, splatter, whatever you wanna call it. I always wash the car after polishing to get ready for LSP, but Ive noticed that even after washing there is still white specs everywhere. Quick detail doesnt work, alcohol, only thing that seems to take it off is picking at it with my nail. Its aggrevating! I was curious as to if anyone else has had this problem...Like I said, the finish that it leaves is great. Im just getting tired of everytime I pull a car outside, I have to walk around and pick little white specs off....Whats everyones input?

Rsurfer
05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Sounds like polish splatter. Didn't you notice it after wipe down?

akimel
05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
That's interesting. You might want to contact Meguiar's directly or post your problem at MOL. I know that Jason Rose, Meguiar's marketing manager, has stated that M205 was engineered "to have the fastest/cleanest wipe off in the industry. We have many raves supporting this performance target."

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Sounds like splatter for sure, the wash usually will remove the white specs if not to think, was the car in the sun?

Matt S.
05-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Definitely splatter....sounds like you need to revise your spreading technique. You may also be using too much product.

mrGolfRider
05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Maybe a slight change in your process is in hand. How are you putting the pad in contact with the paint when you start out?? Are you kissing the paint?? What speed are you starting your section??

macman3130
05-12-2009, 11:09 AM
not knocking anyone cause im new to alot of this, but sounds like technique, at least it was in my case, first time i polished my truck i had this problem, and have gotten rid of it just by practice and lerning the right amount of product usage and speed contol.. just my 2 cents

highline1164
05-12-2009, 12:19 PM
i know what the white specs are, im not asking that. i use a dime sized amount and spread evenly over a 12-18 in square. im not a rookie, sometimes sling is just happens, thats why we all cover cowling and convertible tops. what im getting at is the little bit of splatter gets hard and doesnt wash off, you almost have to scrape it off with your finger. i never turn my buffer pass 1000 rpm, i dont want to get defensive, but its not a technique issue im having, its a product issue. the leftover product isnt washing off like all the others ive used in the past i.e 3M, Megs, Menzerna...

macman3130
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Ha! I've got it! Tape over everything except paint!! And buy new polish :) ha I dunno what to tell ya

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-12-2009, 09:19 PM
i know what the white specs are, im not asking that. i use a dime sized amount and spread evenly over a 12-18 in square. im not a rookie, sometimes sling is just happens, thats why we all cover cowling and convertible tops. what im getting at is the little bit of splatter gets hard and doesnt wash off, you almost have to scrape it off with your finger. i never turn my buffer pass 1000 rpm, i dont want to get defensive, but its not a technique issue im having, its a product issue. the leftover product isnt washing off like all the others ive used in the past i.e 3M, Megs, Menzerna...

It is not a product issue, it is that you are not wiping it off fast enough and it will adhere to the paint. I know exactly what you are talking about, a damp mf should remove it without ant problem.

highline1164
05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
It is not a product issue, it is that you are not wiping it off fast enough and it will adhere to the paint. I know exactly what you are talking about, a damp mf should remove it without ant problem.
Thank you for the input, any idea why it adheres? like I said before, i never had this problem with 3M or Menzerna. Both washed off effortlessly. Thanks again to everyone for chiming in, again, not tryin to get crappy with anyone. Just difficult sometimes to get your point across through a keyboard

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I have noticed this with other polishes and some even stain the paint if left to sit on it too long. Just the nature of the beast and never really was bothered by it. I remove them and move on. Plus they usually wipe right off with your IPA wipedown without any effort.

michael k
05-12-2009, 10:54 PM
even after washing there is still white specs everywhere. Quick detail doesnt work, alcohol, only thing that seems to take it off is picking at it with my nail. Its aggrevating! ?

I had this experience menz IP.Didn't get to it soon enough I guess and dried rock hard.Nothing worked until I tried Menz glaze.It removed the splatter with ease.

I know,I'm no help but had to share.:D

Rsurfer
05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I had this experience menz IP.Didn't get to it soon enough I guess and dried rock hard.Nothing worked until I tried Menz glaze.It removed the splatter with ease.

Hey, your experience does help. Thanks for sharing.

highline1164
05-13-2009, 11:07 AM

everything helps, especially when im tryin to make sure that im not the only one this has happened to...thanks again for everyones input. i guess ill just have to be quicker at wiping down the panel after polishing