PDA

View Full Version : Flex Question....

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-11-2009, 07:35 PM
OK... I am currently using a 7424. I want to get a Flex. I am asking all the seasoned detailers out there about how long does it take you to do an average sized cross-over like a Chevy Equinox or more specifically, a 2008 Scion xB. Paint is in excellent condition, litterally 1 or 2 swirls. Just wanting to make it "Pop". Used PO 83 on white CCS pad, followed by PO 106 FA on a blue CCS pad, both 6.5".

Now, using a Flex, the above mentioned products, not including washing, taping and such, how long would you allow for such a job?

Please, make me want to get a Flex NOW!

Matt S.
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
There is no universal answer to your question. Everyone works differently - many people use different speeds, patterns, pressure, etc when polishing, and some people just work faster than others. But, given the circumstances, comparing the Flex on its highest speed of 9600 OPM with 480RPM forced rotation, to the PC on its highest speed of 6000 OPM with no forced rotation and usually bogging with pressure, the Flex usually breaks down polishes AROUND twice as quickly.

ScottB
05-12-2009, 08:27 AM
What I would offer, the Flex will clearly cut down the time needed for PC to do correction. So you will indeed save time, and effort with the Flex. Get it now ...