PDA

View Full Version : So You Want to Use Smaller Pads with your Flex ???

ScottB
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Edge FLEX XC 3401 Conversion Adapter (http://www.autogeek.net/edge-flex-buffer-adapter.html)

look here .... I think I see a very valuable additional to your Flex purchase. :buffing:Im the MAN:buffing:

Jimmie
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Ooooh; getting close to time to buy a Flex.

img
05-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Now if they were really smart, they would give you the option of the edge post, or a velcro pad to use all of your other pads with?

supercharged
05-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm staying with LC. There is no need to switch to Edge, paying $50 for adapter, and besides, I'm kinda scared trusting that plastic in pads to hold that steel adapter in place. Flex is very powerful, it's not a PC.

spamlova
05-12-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm staying with LC. There is no need to switch to Edge, paying $50 for adapter, and besides, I'm kinda scared trusting that plastic in pads to hold that steel adapter in place. Flex is very powerful, it's not a PC.
:whs:

True... Especially if you have a PC that you can easily use 4" pads with good cut as well for the tight areas. The Flex w/6" pads has more than enough power.

ScottB
05-12-2009, 08:23 AM
In all fairness to Edge, the only damage I have ever seen or had involves one small ball bearing fell out of my PC adapter. The thick pads (dual sided) have never allowed any plastic near the paint. I think this is a valid option for those looking to use/experiment with different size pads.

Matt S.
05-12-2009, 08:33 AM
In all fairness to Edge, the only damage I have ever seen or had involves one small ball bearing fell out of my PC adapter. The thick pads (dual sided) have never allowed any plastic near the paint. I think this is a valid option for those looking to use/experiment with different size pads.

I agree! I hope to test out the adapter this weekend, using my buddy's Z06 as a guinea pig. :D