PDA

View Full Version : How do I maintain after detail?

Pages : [1] 2

PearlWhiteGT
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Just had my car detailed & want to keep up with it. I'm planning on getting a Flex soon. What are the steps on keeping this car looking good? Do I just have to wash & wax to maintain the shine?

TheDodgeGuy
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
PW/GT - head over to the AG home page, scroll down and on the left hand side under Expert Advice, click on Auto Detailing Facts, Tips and Tricks. Tons of great info for you. Keep it washed and use a instant detailing spray like Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz periodically to keep it looking great.

Enjoy the Flex, I have had mine for a week and am enjoying the heck out of it.

Emile
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Wash the car nicely such as with a microfiber wash mitt and a quality car wash soap. Use a quick detail spray product after you wash the vehicle. A quick detailer is a nice way to maintain the shine and protection in between waxing sessions. Unless you don't mind waxing your vehicle every week-end, using a quick detailer is much more affordable and a lot less time-consuming.

PearlWhiteGT
05-11-2009, 04:35 PM
What quick detailer do you recommend?

TheDodgeGuy
05-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I like Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz or Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray

orionz06
05-11-2009, 09:42 PM
the best way to keep a car in good shape is to wash it correctly...

the AG store tells that tale, so i will skip...

schmitts, lake country sponges, ONR, and a foam gun are great tools...

Rsurfer
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
What quick detailer do you recommend?
FK425,Z6

PearlWhiteGT
05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Here is the deal now, I ran into a little money problem (closing on a house) & need a good wax that is easy to apply & wipe off by hand until I have enough for the Flex. So what do you guys recommend???

gizzsdad
05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Here is the deal now, I ran into a little money problem (closing on a house) & need a good wax that is easy to apply & wipe off by hand until I have enough for the Flex. So what do you guys recommend???

DG105 is very hard to beat. DG AquaWax is even easier, though not as durable.

TheDodgeGuy
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I have had great results using wolfgang products by hand and machine with killer results. gizzsdad advice with DG is also good.

TheDodgeGuy
05-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh yeah...congrats on the house : )

PearlWhiteGT
05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
What is DG105?

loudog2
05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
What is DG105?
Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) # 105 (http://autogeek.net/duragloss-total-performance-polish.html)

PearlWhiteGT
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
So all I need is this & a quick detailer???

loudog2
05-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I've never used it. I was just posting what he was talking about. How often will you wax or seal? If you are going to do it every couple weeks, a carnuba is good. If you are going to apply it every 2-3 months, then I would use a sealant.

QD's will help keep it shiney. Pinnicle Crystal mist has carnuba wax in it to help you paste wax last longer. FK 425 will give it a great shine. Plus, it is a anti-static to repel dust. Wolfgang detail spritz is also a great shine booster.

Truth be told. You'll need a DA polisher and polish to maintain the look. Swirls are going to come. Prepping you paint gives it the shine. You'll need to get the scratches and swirls out.

Read and wach washing techniques on here. Get a good lubricating carwash soap. Use the right microfiber to dry and polish.