PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

mn1028
05-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael and I have been lurking on these forums for some time now. I’m really enjoying reading through the vast information available on Auto Geek. I am in the process of starting a detailing business of my own and it is nice to be able to learn from experience enthusiast and professionals. I myself have been more of an enthusiast of detailing cars but have never tried to earn any money by doing that type of work. I currently own a business that allows me to have some down time between jobs and I can’t say that I like having down time. I decided to start a detailing business as well, so that I could potentially have multiple streams of income, fill the down time, and because I love doing that type of work.

As I said earlier I have been reading as much information as possible on this site, as well as others, and it is really quite amazing how much I have learned. What has surprised me the most is just how much equipment professional detailers need, e.g. washes, waxes, polishers, polish pads, towels, steam cleaners, hot water extractors, paint thickness gauge, and it seems the list goes on. Of course the most important item in a professional detailer’s arsenal is knowledge, and that is why I have signed up for this forum. I have learned that the best way to master something is to learn from people who have mastered it themselves. I plan to ask a bunch of questions, of course I will use the search feature on the forum before I ask. Anyway, sorry for such a long post, just wanted say hello, but it seems I rambled a bit.

HMFIC
05-09-2009, 11:28 PM
:welcome:Is t hat you in the race car. I have always wanted to do that. How fast do they let you go?

Birdhunter
05-10-2009, 06:42 AM
:welcome:

bamaproshop
05-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Hello and welcome to this site....

mn1028
05-10-2009, 04:52 PM
:welcome:Is t hat you in the race car. I have always wanted to do that. How fast do they let you go?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Yes, that is me in the car. I am an aspiring racer, but unfortunately it takes a lot of money to get into racing, money of which I do not yet have, so currently I take race classes and race in regional races when I can afford to. If I could do anything in the world for a career, professional racer would be that career.

The racing program that I have been involved with is the Skip Barber Racing School (Welcome to the Premier Racing and Driving School, Skip Barber Racing School (http://www.skipbarber.com)). During the class you are free to go as fast as you can, but the cars top out at 130mph. At Road Atlanta, where I have taken the majority of the classes the cars come very close to topping out and will easily top out if you draft off of someone.

If you ever get a chance to take a course I would highly recommend it!

bunyz06rabbitt
05-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Welcome fellow lurker and race enthusiast. I have found, what few courses I have taken at these Hi-Performance schools, to be extremely enjoyable and valuable in the tricks and tips that they teach. They literally blow out the window, everything you've been taught in the off-track world and I mean everything. I hope you gain a lot from this forum as there's a lot to learn about car care!

Meghan
05-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum!

BigBoy
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
:welcome:

TheDodgeGuy
05-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Welcome!

OGauge4Me
05-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Welcome to the AG Forums.