PDA

View Full Version : dodo lime prime

macman3130
05-09-2009, 08:39 PM
:buffing:so got a guick question, ive got the lime prime and used it to polish the hood of my jeep last night just to see what it would do and look great and then waxed it with some xmt 180 i got free to see how it looked too, well... was very happy with the way the dodo worked in and looked... BUT i went over to my buddys house right after we applied and when we got in his garage he noticed pits, hes got some fancy lights in his garage or something... well we got out the halo's and stuff and there were little pits all over the hood, i figured the lime prime didnt need a step down cause it was micro abrasive.. im fixed it on my hood, just wondering if anyone else has had this or knows anything bout the lime prime stuff, ive got lime prime lite im try use to get them out... i just assume they are pits cause thats what they look like to me, like when you use super intense or xmt 3 and have to come back with 1 or final polish.Feed back pleaseFeed back please

loudog2
05-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I have the same product. I haven't tried it yet. What speed and pad did you use?

macman3130
05-09-2009, 09:21 PM
White ccs speed 4 with a flex.

ScottB
05-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Is there polishing agents in Lime Prime, I thought it was a chemical based cleaner ??

macman3130
05-10-2009, 07:05 AM
It says "contains micro abrasives" on the bottle.

loudog2
05-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Did you find out what the pitting was from? I searched all over. Most people say to use a gray pad at low speed. You used low speed, but could it have been the pad?

macman3130
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
That's really about all I can think of, u had just very light swirls but wanted to get em out good and didn't know how well the lime was gonna do at correction so thought I'd give it a little extra umph. Next time I use it I'm use a grey pad and see what happens. Thanks! Let me know how you like it when you try it. Do you have any other dodos? I'm thinking bout getting some purp have and sn

loudog2
05-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I'd go for the soft wax. I'm not to fond of the hard. It's just a pain to apply. I do like RBOE a lot, but it isn't really dodo. Unless you get the juiced edition. RBOE looks great.

macman3130
05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Sorry lou, but what's rboe?

loudog2
05-12-2009, 04:13 AM
Rubbish Boys original edition. Dodo took his recipe and made rubbish boys juiced edition. Dodo slightly modified his recipe for mass production. They made it a tad softer and added more scent.