PDA

View Full Version : P21S Polishing Soap review/pics

Matt
03-26-2006, 12:37 PM
After Killrwheels mentioned this product, I decided to give it a shot. I've never used a product like this before and I must say it is very cool.

As you can see, the Z was very dirty. The wheels weren't terrible, but still needed some attention.

Matt
03-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Oh, and here is my hose set-up.

Gilmour shutoff valve --> quick disconnects --> Foam Gun for washing, or Fire Hose Nozzle for rinsing.

Matt
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Pics after rinsing + during washing.

Matt
03-26-2006, 12:40 PM
After washing....

Matt
03-26-2006, 12:43 PM
I rinsed each wheel thoroughly with cold water to ensure the surface was not hot while using this product (instructions say to use it on a cool surface). I then got to work....simply wet the applicator, wring it out, make a few swipes on the soap itself (it's solid), then agitate the applicator to create a lather. Then I scrubbed each wheel and rinsed thoroughly.

It's a very easy product to use, and saves a lot of time because you don't have to sit there buffing metal polish out of every little crevice of the wheels/lugnut areas. It also seemed very gentle on the skin.

Matt
03-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Here is what they looked like after drying...the P21S definitely brightened them up, and made the surface of the wheels feel very smooth. :)

ScottB
03-27-2006, 07:04 AM
I have High-Polished Iforged Wheels and also decided to try this product and a spray product from Busch called Aluminum Wash. Neither did what I wanted out of a wheel product for uncoated aluminum , but P21S Polishing Soap was the better of the two.

After using it I found that it made the bright surfaces a slight milky white/silver appearance. It clearly removed any tarnish (the P21S Soap) but it still needed some metal polish to bring the wheels back to original High Polished luster. The real benefit was that the polish could be done by hand and only needed to be wiped on and off unlike usual where you need to rub and the black tarnish starts to release itself.

The Busch Alumium Wash is a spray like wheel cleaner and everywhere its sold offers it as such. The bottle came with an MSDS sheet showing it has an acid base and immediately turned the area of the rim a very milky white. It also clearly said on back of bottle "DO NOT USE ON HIGH POLISH WHEELS". I needed my polish and Powerball to bring the luster back on this wheel, and will never use again. Seems like a good product for matte aluminum and truck parts specifically. (running boards)

Matt
03-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Damn that sucks....good thing it didn't stain the aluminum permanently or anything like that. iForged wheels are sick!