PDA

View Full Version : Why are Autogeek's CCS Pads in wrong order?

Emile
05-08-2009, 09:03 PM
So like, this keeps pissing me off because I know that the order of CCS pads from Lake Country are supposed to be Orange, Yellow, Green, White, Gray, etc. But Autogeek's pads go Orange, Yellow, White, Green, Gray, etc. Why is it like this? Whenever I am reading tips and tricks on polishing, and other people talk about pads, I never really know if they are referring to Lake Country's order or Autogeek's order.

If I know that the pads being referred to are general CCS pads, can I just assume that AG pads vs general CCS pads that are green and white are the exact opposite? Or are the CCS green pads less or more aggressive than AG's CCS white pads, and vice versa?

####, I'm confused.:(

wagonproject
05-08-2009, 09:33 PM

Okay to clarify there are THREE different green pads from Lake Country.

Autogeek:

Coarse Cutting- Autogeek used to (I don't see it anymore) sell a course, yellow pad like green foam on their larger (7.5 inch and more) foam pads. This cuts coarse green pad cuts slightly less the yellow and finishes roughly the same. It never caught might be why it is not listed by AG anymore.

Finer Green Foam (autogeek)- This foam (by AG's chart) is between white and gray in both cut and finish. It will not finish as nice as gray (but very close) not will it cut as much as a white (but very close). It fits the gap inbetween.

Class Motoring/Proper Auto Care

Finer Green Foam (cma)- This foam fits inbetween the orange and white pads, although the cut is closer, IMO, to white. However, this is my favorite pad because it finshes nicer (again IMO/IME) then the white pad. I use this pad almost exclusively with SIP and find it to finish the SIP almost LSP ready (allowing me the luxury to go right to final polishing/jeweling step). This is my favorite pad with this product. I would say that it finishes as well as the AG green fine cut foam while providing more cut.

loudog2
05-08-2009, 09:47 PM
The order is yellow, orange, coarse geen, white, soft green, gray, blue, red and gold.

AG has a soft green pad made for them. It is between the white and gray. There is a hard green between the white and orange. Just make sure you say which your talikng about. I usually say the "AG green pad" when talking about the softer one.

Emile
05-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the posts, guys. So if I understand this correctly, the white pad is always the same, and AG carries a special-made soft green in addition to the standard CCS 5.5" and 6.5" pad lineups.

ScottB
05-09-2009, 05:33 AM
the green pad is indeed different and usually the culprit of difference in the abrasive scale set by LC.

BarryK
05-09-2009, 06:09 AM
ahhh, I was wondering about the green pad myself since AG lists to two different green pads and other suppliers only list one green pad.
So the course green pad is the "standard" LC green pad and the softer green pad is only available through AG??

Bunky
05-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Here is a picture of the difference between the two green pads.

termigator
05-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I have both. There's definitely a difference. I had the fine grained LC green pads and liked them. I then found some more green LC pads at a different detailing store that was getting rid of them. When I received them, I found out the grain structure of the pads were much coarser. I wasn't disappointed though. It worked quite well with IP. It had more cut than the white pad and left very little haze if any. Going by the "least aggressive" approach, I would definitely reach fo;)r it again before going to the orange pad.