PDA

View Full Version : Black Box

smokin' mark
05-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I tried this product today. I'm not a huge TW fan, but I have to say it works. Rather a pain to remove, but it does work, especially on fiberglass and plastics. Mighty good results for $20. If it would stop raining for 10 minutes I'd take a picture.

Emile
05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm sure that it's a decent product, but Turtle Wax products are always difficult to remove in my opinion, except for the ICE polish.

Try Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid. It is currently my go-to wax for my Obsidian Black G35. Easy on, insanely easy off, and gives the G35 great results.

ScottB
05-09-2009, 05:35 AM
did you use it on another color besides black, or would it only let you apply to black paint. (sorry for giggling) I just dont see it , like the old paint with dye in it specific to colors and temporarily hid swirls till first wash.

Emile
05-09-2009, 04:46 PM
So should I be laughing at the Dodo Juice line, too? Or should I take it seriously just because it's insanely overpriced?

smokin' mark
05-09-2009, 07:05 PM
LOL, well, I definitely would not apply it to anything but black! My soft Purple Haze isn't in any danger of being knocked off the podium, even though it has "dark waxes" in it.

ScottB
05-10-2009, 06:53 AM
So should I be laughing at the Dodo Juice line, too? Or should I take it seriously just because it's insanely overpriced?

Dodo is a complete line of car care products from over the pood in UK. Part of its high pricing is the cost of shipping and other is currency exchange. While I am playing with most of the line, it is not my fav by far.

I do however find Turtles offering of a color specific wax funny since its often no more than black coloring added to wax to lightly fill on a temp basis. I dont put much faith in them ...sorry !

smokin' mark
05-10-2009, 05:53 PM
I would describe it as PB Black Hole only much more potent. Note that I just tried the polish, not the wax or detail spray.

Emile
05-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Dodo is a complete line of car care products from over the pood in UK. Part of its high pricing is the cost of shipping and other is currency exchange. While I am playing with most of the line, it is not my fav by far.

I do however find Turtles offering of a color specific wax funny since its often no more than black coloring added to wax to lightly fill on a temp basis. I dont put much faith in them ...sorry !

Yeah I hear you, I've seen it at multiple auto stores so far and I haven't even bothered to purchase it. It's worth a try if it's any good, but I still find Meguiar's to be the king of black vehicles.

redboost10
05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
what megs product are you reffering to emile?

NY946
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I had decent results with this as well, I will post pics when I get a chance.

Emile
05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
what megs product are you reffering to emile?
Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid. I know there are better waxes out there but the NXT gives such a great look on my Black G35 and it fills in minor scratches very nicely. I just maintain the wax with Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer and I'm all set. But avoid the NXT Tech Wax Paste because it's pure garbage...insanely hard to remove, whereas the Liquid version is like removing butter.