PDA

View Full Version : OH NO-Orange Dots

snocone
09-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Just got my clay; tried it out, but the former "pepper dots" are now orange.
What's best to use after clay to remove the orange? Am I too late? The car is white (of course)-----the lease is almost up and IS THE DEALER GOING TO TAG ME FOR THIS AS EXCESSIVE WEAR?:confused:
Please help.
Thanx

FloridaNative
09-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Can you post some pics??

snocone
09-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Dark here now; can shoot some tomorrow. It's basically the roof and trunk lid. 2004 Accord; tiny tiny dots everywhere!!

ScottB
09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
It sounds like sap ... once removed a small orange dot is still present. A paint polish will work wonders, and Klasse AIO will likely remove them also.

Reddwarf
09-01-2006, 09:00 PM
That's queer. Never heard of a clay bar turning something orange or any color!:Picture:

OCDetails
09-01-2006, 11:12 PM
With some IFO there is an orange rust stain that surrounds the contamination. Clay isn't the best to remove it, but if you rub hard enough then it can remove the rust stain. A good paint cleaner or polish will finish off any rust stains that remain.

snocone
09-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks, OCdetails. It is rust, not sap. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. The clay didn't turn them orange! I'll do the paint cleaner after I get all the IFO's . It's a beautiful cocktail of brake dust and overspray, and asphalt and I'll stop now before ya'll get ill. Promise to keep up the next car better from day one!

ScottB
09-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Ah .... brake dust and metallic particles. Now I normally would say this is a no-no, but had a friend with a lease and we needed to remove some stains from sprinklers prior to return. We washed the car with CLR and it immediately removed the rust and calcium deposits. Might be worth a try, but look at small area first. Remember to rewax prior to return.