PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tampa Bay!

ScottL
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
New to the forums and new to trying to keep a car nicely detailed...and it seems like I have a lot to learn!!!

We just bought an '09 Ford Flex, which is by far the nicest (and most expensive) car I have ever owned. I don't have hours and hours to spend on it, but I want to keep it looking great for as long as possible!

It looks like there are quite a few people on here from Florida, so hopefully they can give some advice with what products help with the constant sunshine and daily afternoon rain showers in the summer - and the damn love bugs!!!

Thanks,

Scott

jugodegolf
05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
New to the forums and new to trying to keep a car nicely detailed...and it seems like I have a lot to learn!!!

We just bought an '09 Ford Flex, which is by far the nicest (and most expensive) car I have ever owned. I don't have hours and hours to spend on it, but I want to keep it looking great for as long as possible!

It looks like there are quite a few people on here from Florida, so hopefully they can give some advice with what products help with the constant sunshine and daily afternoon rain showers in the summer - and the damn love bugs!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Welcome Scott

I'm new also. Not far from you and I too hate the love bugs. I do my front/mirrors every couple of days to keep them off.

Flex looks like a cool vehicle. When you dry do you ever use a leaf blower. I use that and blow most large areas to a towel so I hardly touch the paint. Works well for me.

George

ScottL
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Never heard of the leaf blower trick, but it certainly sounds like it would work!!

On our old car, the wife just took it to the car wash every couple of weeks - but I want to try and keep this one looking good for much longer...there are a lot of payments to make!! :)

jugodegolf
05-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Have had my red one 17 years. I have a pic in my intro thread. I only know a few people that airdry their cars. It works especially well if car is waxed well. Done a few rides that needed wax and not so great. bumbers, vents mirrors and door handles gets em good and dry.