PDA

View Full Version : 2005 WRX in Kansas

MadBoost05
05-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey my Name is Jacob, I acutally got a car worth caring for and so upon research for taking care of it, I stumbled upon this website, Which is a great website!!! I live in kansas and I'm 19, I love working on my new car, the First day I got it, I had it in peices modfiying stuff (my dad almost had a heart attack!!!) but I do love working on it, and realized that I needed to care for the cleanliness a little bit more!! so Here I am!!! Recently like last night, I spent FIVE hours washing, claying, and waxing my car,(although I work up this morning to find it thunderstorming!!! FML) also it is a daily driver because I have to go to school and work everyday but I really dont know what I SHOULD be doing in what order or what products so ANY advise or ANYTHING would be GREAT!! Oh by the way it is a 2005 WRB Blue Subaru Impreza WRX!!

mrGolfRider
05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
first off, start working some overtime, you will need the extra money.

MadBoost05
05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Feed back pleaseThats no problem, but I would still like some guidence, on what to do!?!?!?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
You need to pick up a machine to polish and correct. Something like the PC of Flex is great, along with some compounds and polishes. You already have the clay which is a good thing. You also need to get some pads (CCS for ex.) so that you can polish and correct your paint. Another thing is to invest in some high quality microfiber towels. If you tell us some of the stuff you already have, we can help you even more. Welcome to the forum. :D

Ryan
05-08-2009, 07:58 PM
First get a cobb accessport to tune your car, follow that with a PC or Flex and some pads along with some good polish. Then watch some tutorial videos on autogeek. Follow this by reading and rereading threads and you'll be good to go.

killrflake
05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
AG has some great packages that include many of the things you'll need need to get the finish you seem to be looking for. If you can swing the $$$, I would have to recomend a Flex package as most members of this forum that have expierience with this machine give it very positive reviews and buying it as a kit will give you most of the basics you'll need to get started and will save you some cash for any extras you will want, and believe me there is always extras that you'll want. It's a very addictive hobby, good luck and have fun.

MadBoost05
05-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Thats funny you should say that about the tune, That was the first thing I did except I had it custom tuned!

Emile
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. WRX's rock. :righton:

Read some past threads until you learn the basic system, as well as the do's and don'ts for the following steps:

Wash, clay, polish, protect.