PDA

View Full Version : Montana Boars Hair trashed my finish!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

pmaugust
05-07-2009, 09:59 PM
My wife bought me the Montana Original Boars Hair Car Wash Brush for my birthday last week. We had a light rain today, so the car had little dust circles everywhere. Decided it would be a perfect time to try the Boars Brush! Got out the foamer, the brush, and went to work. Rinsed the care, the proceeded to work my way around it. Foamed the car, foamed the brush, a light cleaning, rinse, move to the next section. All the way around. I finished washing the entire car, then flooded, and dried with my waffle towels.

Now... I have webs EVERYWHERE! So much for the plans to spend the weekend with the top down, cruising, and enjoying the car and the predicted sunny weather! When I saw what had happened, I was hugely depressed! The car has never ever looked so bad!

I'll be spending the weekend with the PC and polish instead of enjoying the sun with the top down, working out spider webs created by the brush that cover the car! I literally will have to polish EVERY PANEL!!! There is not one panel unscathed! Then redo my sealants and wax! I just finished that 3 weeks ago (a 4 day job) and had the finish looking amazing.

Spend $70 for the brush, use once, and create a complete weekends (or more) worth of repair work!

From the shopping site:

"Boar’s hair is naturally thick and sturdy. It doesn’t fall limp when wet and it holds a tremendous amount of water. These features make it the ideal paint-safe wash tool for fine finishes. The bristles easily release dirt into the wash bucket rather than rubbing it on the vehicle. And, because there are no nylon or other synthetic bristles, a boar’s hair brush will not scratch delicate surfaces, like clear coats, gel coats, glass, Plexiglas or fiberglass."

I'm not sure where they got this information came from, but I can only testify to the brush destroying my beautiful finish!!!!

My advice? AVOID THIS PRODUCT!!!!! It will NEVER TOUCH my finish again! And I'm shocked that Autogeek would sell something that can cause this much damage! Up to now I've read the writeup with the products, decided what ones to try, and been pleased. Now I wonder about the site, and what I can trust.

Just sign me,

One Sad, Confused, Depressed and Angry Customer... :(:confused::mad:

Rsurfer
05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear that. Brushes are for wheels, tires, wheel wells, under the hood and teeth. A brush will never touch my paint.

HMFIC
05-07-2009, 10:20 PM
That sucks man. I never could get myself to use a brush on my car.

OGauge4Me
05-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Did you use the tip of the brush or the entire length of the bristle to wash the car?

I have a Boars Hair Brush and like it a lot. I use it for washing the car when there is heavy dust or pollen on the car. I find that it can clean the car rather quickly. There is a learning curve to keep your hand above the surface of the car so only the tip of the bristles touch the car.

Very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the brush.

Wendell Jarvis
05-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Sorry to hear that. Brushes are for wheels, tires, wheel wells, under the hood and teeth. A brush will never touch my paint.
:iagree: Same goes for me and my cars !!

Meghan
05-08-2009, 06:36 AM
I am shocked you had problems, very shocked, I own this brush
http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/autogeek_2049_33145115

And this is actually a picture of my brush on my old Expedition, I used it on that SUV for several years, still have the same brush and use it every Saturday on my black 300!
No swirls, no webbing...:confused:
I would not use anything else on my car except for my sea sponge.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/tribrush.jpg

But if you are unhappy with it, by all means please call us today, we stand behind our products.

BenzDetailer
05-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Maybe your Brush had SWINE FLU ??

loudog2
05-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Brushes and cars:eek:

trlblazer3
05-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've never had an issue with my boars hair brush, and mine is going on 2 years. I don't use anything else.

Dwayne
05-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Another happy boar's hair brush user here.

You had mentioned that you foamed the brush. Was this by spraying the bristles with the foam gun or did you have a bucket of soapy water to dunk the brush into?

The boar's hair brush holds a large amount of soap and water and I have never had one scratch a car or cause any marring when used with plenty of soap and water. One of the best benefits of using boar's hair is that is totally releases dirt and grime into the bucket when you dunk it so I just want to make sure that you were doing this often to ensure that any loose dirt that was on the paint was making into the bottom of the bucket and below a Grit Guard to keep anything from coming back up into the brush.

The two bucket method is also beneficial here. Having a bucket of clear water (with a Grit Guard) to dunk the brush into and then once the brush is rinsed clean, another bucket with your car wash solution.

Please give us a call at 1-800-869-3011. My extension is 212 and I will be happy to speak with you so we can find out what went wrong and we can find a way to prevent this from happening again.

Bert31
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I have the Montana Boars Hair brush and it has never marred my paint before, I use it all winter long every weekend. I clean the dunk the brush in my rinse bucket ever each panel to keep it clean before dunking it in the wash bucket again.

I have heard of too many positive reviews of the Montana Boars Hair Brush to believe it caused the marring. Something else must have happened, that or you have some of the most incredibly soft paint I have ever heard of.

jugodegolf
05-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Got to like the way they stand behind the brush.

Sorry bout the problems. Never used a brush on mine but would trust the senior members. Wonder what happened also.

MadBoost05
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I agree, I'm sure the brush works great, but you would never catch me dead using a brush on my car!!!!

trlblazer3
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Just a random question for the people who have said they'd never use a brush. Why? Is there some sort of detailer phobia against using a brush that I'm not aware of? And I'm not talking about some Pep Boy's $4.99 special wash brush. I'm specifically talking the boar's hair brush AG carries.

loudog2
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Just a random question for the people who have said they'd never use a brush. Why? Is there some sort of detailer phobia against using a brush that I'm not aware of? And I'm not talking about some Pep Boy's $4.99 special wash brush. I'm specifically talking the boar's hair brush AG carries.
I'll call it a phobia. You have more of a chance to marr your vehicle by using a brush, than by a 2 bucket hand method. If I'm going to bust my a** keeping my car looking the way it is, you bet I'll use the safer method.