PDA

View Full Version : Update : Power Finish PO 203

ScottB
05-07-2009, 07:02 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/autogeek_2050_18882285

I got a bottle of this polish long after settling on SIP/Nano as my two step polish plan and have truly found them the most successful polishing in car care for most finishes. So this bottle was tested once with a friends ride and placed in the back of cabinet and missed at several opportunities.

Moving to last weekend, I find several scars on the hood of wifes truck from etching from birdie doo-doo or other harsh contaminents. I tried unsuccessfully to hand remove with Clearkotes Vanilla Moose and even grabbed the Flex with 085rd. Needless to say I was upset as previous week had just added a coat of Ultimas Paint Protection WOWA sealant and seemed that whatever touched the hood immediately moved past the sealant level versus getting trapped in it.

I then saw the bottle of PO 203 and decided it was worth a quick try. Grabbed a white pad and turned the Flex. Immediately noted was the white coloring that is often substituted with the greyish/purple color of ceramiclear polishes. This polish wasnt dusting, spread rather easy, and worked down very well. I wiped it off and amazed that not only were the marks gone but it finished down so damn nice that I didnt need a grey pad and 085rd as originally thought. I even had to go back in and re-read the gloss rating as remembered this polish listed at the 'light compound' area on Menzernas chart.

I consider the Cadillacs paint to be medium towards hard and this really did the trick. I think this polish is often overlooked and suspect some might actually prefer to visit or revisit this polish. As with everything else they make, its Menzerna good.

Wendell Jarvis
05-08-2009, 06:19 AM
I totally agree with you Killr, I have been using P0 203 on and off for over a year along with SIP ( Menzerna my favorite line) I am surprised too that this product has never been brought up on the forum before...well, there might have been a couple of times, but it certainly needs to be high lighted, the cutting ability is just under SIP, so to me its almost like three products in one and easily to work with. Again a Fantastic product that seems to remain in the shadows and is over looked. Simply put, I love this product and its results !!

Pats300zx
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Great review Killer. I plan on using Power Finish when I detail my truck. I have my bottle sitting around for a while. I was going to follow it up with PO85RD.

dublifecrisis
05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I really want to get some of this but always removed it from the cart before placing my orders. AND I'm the perfect candidate for something like this as I'm so often doing 1 step polishes and using an AIO rather than something with better corrective abilities like PF?

Have you guys tried it with the green pad too? Seems like white would still finish down good on most paints.

ScottB
05-09-2009, 05:45 AM
This polish finishes down so nice on its own, the green pads should not be a problem as the CCS pads are even a bit less abrasive than white pads.

termigator
05-09-2009, 08:21 AM
This polish finishes down so nice on its own, the green pads should not be a problem as the CCS pads are even a bit less abrasive than white pads.

If you used the fine green LC pad with Power Finish, would you still need to follow it up something like FP II or PO85RD?

ScottB
05-10-2009, 07:08 AM
If you used the fine green LC pad with Power Finish, would you still need to follow it up something like FP II or PO85RD?

While you could for additional jeweling of paint, I doubt you will find it necessary. It appears LSP ready.

termigator
05-10-2009, 08:44 AM
While you could for additional jeweling of paint, I doubt you will find it necessary. It appears LSP ready.

Cool. I look forward to trying that.:cheers:

02CAMSS
05-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Pics would have been nice.