PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review : Stoners Invisible Glass with Rain Repellant

ScottB
05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/stoner-igr.jpg

Got a bottle of this about a month to six weeks ago and have been using it faithfully after each wash to clean/protect glass while drying truck.

I am pleased with no streaking and the ability to lightly clean glass without issue as with the other version without rain repellant. Its kinda cool to spray and quickly wipe vertical glass since the rain repellant is rather noticable and clean runs down glass quickly. Havent had much rain lately, but sprinkles leave alot of those faithful small pristine beads.

Much easier to use over the other rain repellant sprays and seems to offer some protection while being able to be reused weekly without any noticable (images) buildup or marks on glass. While Aquapel will certainly last longer after one application, this product offers a hybrid of cleaner and protection while offering the Stoners promise.

macman3130
05-17-2009, 05:15 AM
i got some of this and love it, the first time i ordered years ago i got dp krystal vision and it lasted forever cause i got the big jug, now that ive gotten into the business a little bit i started searching for a glass product to buy in bulk and when the invisible glass went on bogo i snatched up a few to try and got a great surprise of having this isnide instead of the normal invisi glass. it only takes a very little amount of product too, ive found out thru trial and error, cause glass looks pimp when done right but sometimes its hard to not leave it streaky. just a squirt on each window and my waffle weave, this stuff leaves glass looking awesome. just like killer said it even does a decent job at repellent, kinda hard for me to tell because i drive a jeep which windshield is pretty much verticle, but does bead up the water.

ScottB
05-17-2009, 08:34 AM
I was given a demo Nissan Armada this past week for trip to the Keys. It has sat on lot for more than a year. While this would not remove the etching on glass, it did add protection that was immediately noticable as it rained several times and beading was now in full effect.

belcherm58
08-17-2009, 07:27 AM
I am eager to try this now after reading the review. I was concerned with the rain repellent streaking like it does with Rain-X. Love what Rain-X does as far as the repelling goes. Hard to handle the clouding and streaking though.

Buckskincolt
08-17-2009, 09:02 AM
How about streaking when the windshield wipers are going? I drive a lot at night (moonshine runner:D) and can't stand the smear across the windshield that most other repellents leave. It would be awesome to not have those.
what did you notice? Thanks!!!:props:

ScottB
08-17-2009, 05:28 PM
no streaking noted, but in fairness recently installed new wipers on all cars. I do have Aquapel on the new Saturn and no streaking with wipers in a rain shower today. Seems like both are great products and took away my previous alarm to products like Rain-X which streak and provide alot of wiper chatter.

Buckskincolt
08-17-2009, 05:33 PM
no streaking noted, but in fairness recently installed new wipers on all cars. I do have Aquapel on the new Saturn and no streaking with wipers in a rain shower today. Seems like both are great products and took away my previous alarm to products like Rain-X which streak and provide alot of wiper chatter.

Great Thanks!

alexjn1
08-17-2009, 06:05 PM
I really like the Stoner's with rain repellant. I have not tried rain-x ,etc and I do not even feel a need to.

SRHTX
08-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Stoners Invisible Glass

Have it. LOVE IT!! :dblthumb2:

Blackfire
08-20-2009, 07:10 AM
How about streaking when the windshield wipers are going? I drive a lot at night (moonshine runner:D) and can't stand the smear across the windshield that most other repellents leave. It would be awesome to not have those.
what did you notice? Thanks!!!:props:

I used to get that with other products too.

I use the Invisible Glass Foam cleaner to get the windshield really clean. Usually two applications. Then I apply the IG with rain repellant. It comes out flawless.