PDA

View Full Version : chemical guys

macman3130
05-07-2009, 04:12 AM
aight guys, please dont kick me off or hate me, but just wondering if anyone uses or knows anything about chemical guys products... they have some things that look interesting but i just dunno. ha and im in the whole right now because of my recent AG orders :D

Feed back please

loudog2
05-07-2009, 08:00 AM
The only thing that I stil use and like is their synthtic QD. I'm not a fan at all of jetseal 109.

Emile
05-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Sure. I just used up my Chemical Guys Pete's 53 Paste Wax. I also have a gallon of Citrus Wash & Gloss and a couple of 16oz bottles of Grime Reaper. I have tried a few other products from them as well. If you take into account that the Chemical Guys website is full of exaggerations and overstatements, and you realize that you'll only get what you pay for, then Chemical Guys is fine. I don't mean to make them sound bad, but they're just not that great either.

wagonproject
05-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Shipping also is a lot.

mrGolfRider
05-07-2009, 08:47 AM
this is making me feel uncomfortable now...I just order some of their super towels and super 550's...I hope I just didn't get hosed on that deal...

I hear so much about their CGWC and CGWG..... hopefully its just like an asshole, everyone has one.

Dsoto87
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Their towels are good. Good price to.
I like their citrus wash gloss/clear. I also like their silk shine dressing.

I hear their 5050 wax is a good one.

Don't believe anything their website says in terms of how good the product is. If you notice, ALL of their products are the BEST. They take exaggeration to a whole other level. They do make decent stuff though for a decent price

trlblazer3
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I dunno, maybe I'm just too picky, but I haven't really liked most of the Chemical Guys products I've tried...
Citrus W&G -Its alright, but I much prefer OPT wash. Its definitely some strong stuff.

Black Forever Trim/Tire shine -the look is nice, but doesn't last at all. So many other better choices out there

Various waxes/sealants -I've tried Butter wet wax, M-Seal & 50/50. Butter wet wax doesn't last, M-Seal is pretty decent, but I can get better longevity and looks with WGDGPS. 50/50 is pretty good, however.

I've gotten most of these as samples, and haven't sunk too much money into their line. I've just never been all that impressed with their offerings to want to explore any further.

ScottB
05-07-2009, 05:19 PM
## is the car care division of Warner Chemicals and offers rebottling and private labels. Often their products are considered beta versions and are enhanced under some different labels. As with any line or product, try it and compare against your favorite. If you like it use it often ...

supercharged
05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Jetseal can be topped within 30 minutes of application, don't use it on it's own, durability sucks...otherwise it works and lasts very long on wheels, it looks very similar to Wolfgang DGPS... CVC is a nice shampoo for a foam cannon, Maxi Suds II works well in a cannon and a bucket. Pete's 53 will give the tightest beading action in it's price range and looks very nice too. I have tried 5050 yet, I recently received it in a trade.
Now their towels are very nice, I gotta admit, I love them!!! Blue with red boarders, dark blue with black borders, yellow with black boarders, and red with white boarders!!!

nitro78
05-07-2009, 07:38 PM
i just ordered some wet mirror glaze and i am gonna try it out this weekend. i also received some bare bones undercarriage spray and new car smell spray. i know the new car smell spray is very close to the real thing, actually quite surprisingly so.

sh4dowfax
05-07-2009, 08:14 PM
I have their miracle dryer towel. It seems to be pretty nice.