roughly about $700 in the last month which includes the price
of a Flex 3401. I am addicted and cannot walk by a car without
analyzing it and coming up with a game plan as to how and
what I would do to make it like new.

Here I am again reviewing a product and yet
still no pictures. I just get the whim to try
a product at the most inopportune times
and have to get my fix. This time it was
PB Trim Restorer on my girlfriend's 2001 Ford Taurus.
Sunday the 3rd was the designated day.
It was drizzling out so taking care of the outside was out of the
question. It stopped raining long enough for me to vacuum
the inside (while filling up two 13 gallon bags of junk out of
the car), I wiped down the inside with a few MF towels
and diluted Purple Power. Now for the good part. I had
just received the PB trim Restorer the day before. A product I
purchased to trade a sample with someone on one of the boards.
The first thing I noticed was the smell of the product. It smells like
coconut tanning oil. Australian Gold, I believe. It goes on greasy
like the tanning oil also. You know how you put some on and then it's
on another spot, then on your sunglasses, etc... Even when I wiped it down
it was still kind of oily/greasy (read messy). Probably my fault as I did not
know how to apply it so I sprayed it on.
The next day though it looked great. I don't know if it absorbed into the vinyl
or evaporated the excess but it looked like all of the panels had been replaced
with new ones. Today I went into the vehicle and they still look great and the
smell of the coconut is still in the car. My girlfriend loves it.
I hate that it went on so greasy/oily but I am sure it was more my
technique than the product itself.

HMFIC
05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Nice review. Been thinking of trying it myself.

I, also, have the problem of analyzing parking lot cars. My girlfriend hates it!
"What are you doing, quit that. We are going to the movies not cleaning cars." She usually has to say it twice because I am deep in thought of fixing a problem that is not mine.

ScottB
05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
love the product ...dont use a spray however, just a foam applicator. Its makes for a more uniform look initially. Best part it dries to the touch.

Hades02
05-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks killr. That's what I was thinking. I will try it with
an applicator and then update my review. I have a couple
of vehicles to do this weekend. It's been raining all week
so they have been pushed to this weekend. (family cars
not paying customers) But hey it helps me practice the craft.

budman3
05-08-2009, 10:20 AM
PB Trim Restorer is a great product. It may take several thin coats (by applicator) to get the best results. I found out the hard (and disappointing way) that one coat just wasn't enough. But that was on faded Jeep fenders.

waltj2k
05-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Great product. It brought sun faded trim on a poorly maintained Maxima.Returned it to a beautifully sheened black. It also does a great job of removing wax on trim as well.

I hand apply with microfiber towel. It is very oily so watch where you apply.

Surfer
05-08-2009, 04:28 PM
love the product ...dont use a spray however, just a foam applicator. Its makes for a more uniform look initially. Best part it dries to the touch.PB TR never dries for me once buffed, two different bottles thinking I got a bad one first. Next day I can wipe my finger and it will leave product on it, and if it rains it will bead but the product will leave drip marks. Haven't used mine in a loooooooong time.

ScottB
05-09-2009, 05:40 AM
PB TR never dries for me once buffed, two different bottles thinking I got a bad one first. Next day I can wipe my finger and it will leave product on it, and if it rains it will bead but the product will leave drip marks. Haven't used mine in a loooooooong time.

I have had that problem with Black WOW, but not PB. You do use very little however. Maybe the previous protectants on the plastics are blocking it. I might suggest cleaning them first and starting fresh ??

Surfer
05-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I have had that problem with Black WOW, but not PB. You do use very little however. Maybe the previous protectants on the plastics are blocking it. I might suggest cleaning them first and starting fresh ??Its other products as well, I seriously still think its something that Ford uses in their trim on trucks. Even the Duragloss stuff did the same thing, and I've cleaned the trim. I said F' it and bought new trim (wiper cowl, and side view mirrors since one broke anyway when it got hit by something on I-95)

OMEGA1
05-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I, also, have the problem of analyzing parking lot cars. My girlfriend hates it!
"What are you doing, quit that. We are going to the movies not cleaning cars." She usually has to say it twice because I am deep in thought of fixing a problem that is not mine.

I think I registered here two days ago and have spent all that time reading and reading and reading. I'm at home with my kids and have all day to browse the forum.

I am addicted.

I pull up to red lights and look at the car next to me, and if it's a black car....?

Let's just say in the past two days I've had 3 people honk their horn at me informing me the light has turned green. :D

I can't help it. Cars that I thought looked clean before I now consider 'dirty' after seeing the cars you guys detail. Maybe I have OCD.:o

OMEGA

Harleyguy
05-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I have had that problem with Black WOW, but not PB. You do use very little however. Maybe the previous protectants on the plastics are blocking it. I might suggest cleaning them first and starting fresh ??I also have black wow the real key to that product which i learned at Df was to use even a smaller amount then what they suggest.I also agree that you have to remove any product build up left on the trim before you use any of these products.Guess it's like anything else that has layers of five different products or more need to get down to the original service.

07ImpalaSS
05-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the review, was looking for something to try instead of shelling out $25 for Black WOW.

Hisside
05-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Nice review. Been thinking of trying it myself.

I work at a bodyshop and it is the same for me. The worst part is we get some cars that are simply trashed by the customer, so I go absolutely crazy since I am a neat-freak when it comes to my car.

Since I have started working at the shop 3 years ago, I also find myself noticing poor repaints on cars...ugh!

As for the PB, I will have to look into this as I have a full spring/summer of detailing ahead of me!

redboost10
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
i absolutely love this stuff. i use it on trim/tires/interior.

Blackfire
06-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Let's just say in the past two days I've had 3 people honk their horn at me informing me the light has turned green.

That happens to me at the light near the college, but I'm not looking at cars.