PDA

View Full Version : Bongo page

Pages : [1] 2

carguy
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Are any of the poorboys polishes worth the time, compare to others like merzerna, etc buy one get one free not bad deal, have to make wise choices with the economy the way it is. Any feed back welcomed. Thanks.

Rsurfer
05-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Poorboy's is a great line.

Harleyguy
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Poorboy's is a great line.:iagree::iagree:

loudog2
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
What's a BONGO page:D

Rsurfer
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Buy one n get one, or maybe it's BINGO!

waltj2k
05-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Poorboys line overall is great.

I am thinking of picking up the SSR2 and SSR1.

However I am slow to pull the trigger as the SSR2 is an "older" product.

Since SSR2 poorboys has updated with SSR2.5 and then theres the XMT products and based on my reading of a few posts here both may be easier to use with a PC than the SSR2.

That's what I am torn with right now. BOGO SSR2 with a little more work. Or one bottle of SSR2.5 or XMT2/360

Wendell Jarvis
05-07-2009, 06:10 AM
What's a BONGO page:D

I was wondering the same thing, I thought there was a page on AG that I had not discovered yet,....lol..........but kinda knew what he was referring to.........

smokin' mark
05-07-2009, 09:30 AM
I really like PB2.5, PB1, and PB3. Never used PB2. You can't beat the PB line for value for your dollar. As good as Menzerna? I guess that's a matter of opinion.

budman3
05-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Poorboys line overall is great.

I am thinking of picking up the SSR2 and SSR1.

However I am slow to pull the trigger as the SSR2 is an "older" product.

Since SSR2 poorboys has updated with SSR2.5 and then theres the XMT products and based on my reading of a few posts here both may be easier to use with a PC than the SSR2.

That's what I am torn with right now. BOGO SSR2 with a little more work. Or one bottle of SSR2.5 or XMT2/360

It seems like PB is just coming out with reformulations of SSR1 and SSR2. I never loved SSR2 especially when the 2.5 came out but now the new formulation may change my mind. SSRs = easy to use & great results & usually smell good :)

TObleRONE
05-07-2009, 11:28 AM
A couple of years ago, I bought my PC with the Poorboys kit. I have since invested a lot of money in Menz, but I think Poorboys is good to have on hand because you can work with it in direct sunlight. I believe Menz produces a glossier finish than Poorboys, but if have SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 on hand you will not regret it.

Emile
05-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I used to have two bottles of SSR2.5, now I'm down to one bottle. It's a decent product and worth buying (BOGO or not), but it's not as good as the more expensive Menzernas. From my understand, Menzerna polishes do the best job of correcting and giving great gloss.

oski83
05-07-2009, 01:26 PM
So SRs are OK to work with in direct sunlight???

Emile
05-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah, just like all other Poorboy's products, you can polish in direct sunlight. And you don't have to prime the pad with a quick detailer or anything like that. Just shake the bottle well and apply some to the pad.

I'd just like to say that for those of you considering SSR2.5, I have never heard or read anything from Poorboy's World that allows you go from SSR2.5 straight to your LSP. SSR2.5 and Orange Pads leave hazing, micro-marring, and the paint too dark. The directions on the SSR2.5 bottle say to use SSR2.5 and then go to SSR1, then Pro Polish, then LSP. You can skip the Pro Polish step but SSR1 and White Pads are needed to make the paint LSP-ready.

Wendell Jarvis
05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I used to have two bottles of SSR2.5, now I'm down to one bottle. It's a decent product and worth buying (BOGO or not), but it's not as good as the more expensive Menzernas. From my understand, Menzerna polishes do the best job of correcting and giving great gloss.

:goodpost::iagree:

waltj2k
05-07-2009, 03:17 PM
And you don't have to prime the pad with a quick detailer or anything like that. Just shake the bottle well and apply some to the pad.

Based on a previous thread priming the pad with QD and SSR2 product caused some dusting. So it was suggested to not prime pad before using SSR2.