PDA

View Full Version : Raggtopp question

flyfishindawg
05-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey folks,

I detailed a friend's 2001 BMW Z3 recently and used the Raggtopp fabric top kit for the first time. I followed the instructions to the letter and thought that, as soon as it rained, the top would bead up. I put two coats on it and there was no beading whatsoever.

Anybody got ideas what I did wrong, if anything? Am I expecting too much?

Thanks

Jimmie
05-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I've never used the Raggtopp but have used 303 Fabric Guard on soft tops and they bead awesome. Just for future reference if you need.

PaintPolisher
05-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey folks,

I detailed a friend's 2001 BMW Z3 recently and used the Raggtopp fabric top kit for the first time. I followed the instructions to the letter and thought that, as soon as it rained, the top would bead up. I put two coats on it and there was no beading whatsoever.

Anybody got ideas what I did wrong, if anything? Am I expecting too much?

Thanks

Raggtopp makes two kits. Is the vert you worked on a fabric or vinyl top? I have used both the fabric kit and vinyl kit without any issues. You should see beading the next time it rains.

flyfishindawg
05-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Now that I think about it, it may be that I did not let the top dry in the sun before applying the protectant. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, so I think I'll leave it outside (before, I let it dry overnight in the garage) and then re-apply. Maybe that will make a difference. We'll see......