PDA

View Full Version : need some help from u professionals

slickws6
05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
need some good advice,, i am pretty decent with a rotary polisher,with ur average body shop supplies,ive come across all these products at autogeek,,i want an orbital polisheran really want to go to town on a few car that really dont need to be compounded,what after looking at pages an pages of products & polishers,what is the best threw ur experiences?? porter cable or flex?? lc ccs pads?? an ive watched the u tube vids on xmt pinnacle wolfgang an saw new product guide,,theres so much can u halp me an now down my search so i can order it all up from ur choice of clay right down to does the micro fiber towels that much different so i can set up a complete set-up for next week,, all the info an knowlege would be awesome

thanks joel

loudog2
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
I personally like the Flex better, but I do use the PC still with the 4inch pads on bumpers and small areas. The top 2 brands of polishes ar menzerna and megs. Menzerna makes polishes for wolfgang(Autogeek), so they are good also. 3-4 of each of the LC pads is a good start. As for microfiber, get drying towel(guzzler), wax/polish removal towels(indigo's, white edgeless, 530's), buffing/qd towels(gold plush, jr's, 530's, shamrock), glass cleaning and cheapies for rims/interior.

slickws6
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
so i just looked over the menzerna line of products is there flex kit the way to go an use a wolf gang 3.0 sealant afta,,alot out there just looking to see what really is the best, so wolf =gang is made by menzerna? what is a suggestion on a product line up from swirl removeing to polishing ,sealing, to waxing? what are you useing product & pad? even the menzerna line has alot of products what steps do you go threw,is there products good even if ur not working with that new hard clearcoat they have in there flex package deal

loudog2
05-06-2009, 12:46 PM
No! Not all wolfgang is made by menzerna. Just some polishes. Wolfgang sealant is a great product. This kit is something you need. Except the glaze, no need for that.
Menzerna polishes for ceramic clear coat paint, Flex buffer, Nano polish, super intensive, Lake Country pads, Show car kit (http://autogeek.net/menzerna-flex-xc3401-ceramic-show-car-kit.html)

When polishing use the least agressive method first. Then bump it up if needed. Like with my car, it's a garage kept weekend warrior. Some fine swirls are easily removed with some 85RD and a gray LC pad.

If swirls are bad you can try some SIP on a white pad first. If that doesn't work go to the orange pad. If that fails, then some megs M105 on a white or purple foamed wool pad would be next. After the agressive polish, move to a mid polish to remove the marring. Someting like menzerna 106FA or M205. But, it all depends on what you first did.