PDA

View Full Version : Novice Detailer - a work in progress

sportzfan76
05-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi All - I just thought i would post a couple of photos of my car. It is 3 years old - and while the paint is in good condition we all know what a challenge black paint can be. After several disappointing experiences with various local detailers i decided to try and give all the detailing efforts a go myself. I guess I'm just too picky....

Anyway - I have been a student of this web site for the past 6 months or so - absorbing as much info as I can and attempting to get better results - results that last more than a car wash or 2. Its a work in progress...but I have to admit I think i'm getting better with each effort.

These pics were taken after using Menzerna IP and FF polishes, Fuzion wax and Zaino Z8. It came out pretty good I think - especially after the heavy winter's effect on this daily driver. Thanks for looking.

loudog2
05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Great job! Isn't it more rewarding to achieve the look you want by yourself? Now that you know the work it takes, you'll be more cautious of where you park it, or who drives it.

trlblazer3
05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Looking good, thanks for sharing! AG is a great place to learn about technique, products etc., and as you gain confidence the sky is the limit. I'd say you're well on you're way for sure. Just beware -its an addiction that cannot be shaken!

mrGolfRider
05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
very good job! I like your driveway, lol. I live on an alley, I notice things like that!

tempter927
05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey, Nice work on the paint, reflection and shine look flawless in the pics. Those chrome exhaust tips are looking very nice and shiny as well.

some thoughts/questions

What polishing machine/pads are you using with the menzerna?

You mentioned you wanted your results to last more then a wash or two, a sealant before the fusion will help with durability of the last step product/s.

Why did you take off the m5 emblem? I personally think it looks better with it.

Looks like the tires arent dressed in the pics, do you normally dress them? Im a fan of poorboys brite n bold and pinnacle onyx tire gel for a wet shine.

I'm assuming your wheels are clearcoated, do you seal them with a sealant like klasse aio? Sealing them and toping off with a spray wax will make them pop to match the rest of the car.

I

woo0f1
05-06-2009, 01:39 PM
It's nice, doesn't look like a novice job, keep it up! http://www.pppcm.com/72l1082.jpg

sportzfan76
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey, Nice work on the paint, reflection and shine look flawless in the pics. Those chrome exhaust tips are looking very nice and shiny as well.

some thoughts/questions

Mcguiars G-110

You mentioned you wanted your results to last more then a wash or two, a sealant before the fusion will help with durability of the last step product/s.
Excellent - Thank you

Thank you but my car is not quite an M5...just a modified 5 series

Looks like the tires arent dressed in the pics, do you normally dress them? Im a fan of poorboys brite n bold and pinnacle onyx tire gel for a wet shine.
I will try one of these product.

I'm assuming your wheels are clearcoated, do you seal them with a sealant like klasse aio? Sealing them and toping off with a spray wax will make them pop to match the rest of the car.

I

Thanx for all the input !

HMFIC
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Nice work man. I too like the driveway

jugodegolf
05-13-2009, 07:31 AM

some thoughts/questions

I

:iagree:

Love the black!!!

I usually put 2 coats on the wheels will give your method a try.

Wendell Jarvis
05-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Sweet ride, I especially like the shot of the front, I like Beemers !!

jugodegolf
05-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Sweet ride, I especially like the shot of the front, I like Beemers !!

I like them too...in my rearview mirror.:joking:

LutzD79
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi All - I just thought i would post a couple of photos of my car. It is 3 years old - and while the paint is in good condition we all know what a challenge black paint can be. After several disappointing experiences with various local detailers i decided to try and give all the detailing efforts a go myself. I guess I'm just too picky....

Anyway - I have been a student of this web site for the past 6 months or so - absorbing as much info as I can and attempting to get better results - results that last more than a car wash or 2. Its a work in progress...but I have to admit I think i'm getting better with each effort.

These pics were taken after using Menzerna IP and FF polishes, Fuzion wax and Zaino Z8. It came out pretty good I think - especially after the heavy winter's effect on this daily driver. Thanks for looking.

Nice looking car. I also have a black BMW and will be detailing it in a week or so. I had heard horror stories of jet black BMW's but your pics look great. I love the debadged look, it makes the rear look so sexy!