PDA

View Full Version : Confused about where Glaze fits...

pmaugust
05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
I've been reading and reading and reading... this site is addictive! Anyway, was browsing products and checkout out the glazes. I've got a dark gray finish, so PB Black Hole looked interesting. But I am a bit confused about where in my process it would go. So here's my current polish regimen:

Wash
Clay
PC with pads for swirl / scratch removal
Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
Zaino Show Polish layers (Z-5 and Z-2)
Souveran Layers
Zaino Z-8 Optical Enhancer
I really like the look, but if adding a glaze can make it better, then I'm all for it. So would it go after the Finishing Polish and before the Zaino? Does it have a cure time? And the glaze writeups say you can use it between times to "touch up"?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

vinnier6
05-05-2009, 08:08 AM
glazes typically have fillers and only last a short time....i would suggest most fanatics do not use glazes...about the only glaze i would use is danase wet glaze, which doesnt contain fillers, and is a pure gloss enhancer....you can use dwg under a coat of carnuba, over a layer of sealant or inbetween layers of sealant.....

img
05-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I love using the WG glaze under the Fuzion on my black car.

loudog2
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Don't glaze, just polish the paint correctly. Get a medium polish like Menzerna power finish 203. Use that, then instead of glaze finish it down with the Pinnicle advanced finishing polish.

smokin' mark
05-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I really like PB Black Hole on my black car before sealant/wax. :righton:

richy
05-05-2009, 01:47 PM
I've been reading and reading and reading... this site is addictive! Anyway, was browsing products and checkout out the glazes. I've got a dark gray finish, so PB Black Hole looked interesting. But I am a bit confused about where in my process it would go. So here's my current polish regimen:

Wash
Clay
PC with pads for swirl / scratch removal
Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
Zaino Show Polish layers (Z-5 and Z-2)
Souveran Layers
Zaino Z-8 Optical EnhancerI really like the look, but if adding a glaze can make it better, then I'm all for it. So would it go after the Finishing Polish and before the Zaino? Does it have a cure time? And the glaze writeups say you can use it between times to "touch up"?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Paul..to answer your question, it would go in between #4 and #5 on your list.

Lowprofile
05-05-2009, 03:02 PM

:iagree:

loudog2
05-05-2009, 03:10 PM
WG glaze is a nano polish. It is not a true glaze. It does finish down nice.

BenzDetailer
05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Between #4 & #5 just like richy said. I always use PB Black Hole Glaze on Daily Drivers even after basic paint correction. Even though I am really just hiding things and it will not last more then a few months, I am still quite happy with the results. Black is just so hard to correct & Glaze makes it better !

vinnier6
05-06-2009, 09:15 AM
WG glaze is a nano polish. It is not a true glaze. It does finish down nice.

true, wet glaze is not a glaze, but i dont believe it has any correction in it....its a wipe on wipe off that can be topped or used as a topper....

ricka
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
true, wet glaze is not a glaze, but i dont believe it has any correction in it....its a wipe on wipe off that can be topped or used as a topper....

i use it when i just feeling like playing with the paint and putting something on it. very nice product. i'm one of those that doesn't worry too much about durability as i like applying something on a regular basis. actually just takes a little more time than a qd.

Dsoto87
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Vinnier when he said WG is a polish he wasn't talking about Danase Wet Glase, he was talking about the WolfGang "glaze"

loudog2
05-06-2009, 10:52 AM
I was talking about the wolfgang glaze.

vinnier6
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I was talking about the wolfgang glaze.
my bad!!

loudog2
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
my bad!!
All good! I get confused which to use sometimes, with all these abbreviations.