PDA

View Full Version : Best Process?

highendonly
05-05-2009, 12:17 AM
I bought a new 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 with what dodge calls Billiant Black (metallic not standard black) as the paint name. Very little scratches on clearcoat and just some minor wash and dry swirls from the dealership. Here is what I am thinking of doing to the paint.

after a wash, dry and clay..

1)Poorboys professional polish with white LC pad
2)Pooboys Black hole show glaze with red LC pad
3)Poorboys EX sealant with Black LC pad
4)Poorboys Nattys blue with a blue LC pad

all applied with PC orbital. Gotta go with Poorboys products cause the truck doesn't fit in the garage.

Is this overkill? What are your recommendations?

smokin' mark
05-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Sounds great to me! BTW there is no such thing as overkill :)

Harleyguy
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
If you can correct the paint to a swirl free finish you won't have to use the black hole.I use the black hole on my vette from time too time.Glazes will fill in the swirls which makes it look like a swirl free finish untill you wash it again swirls come back.The natty's blue i use all the time really easy to use and looks great.It won't hurt to use the black hole i also like that product but don't be surprised if you see swirls you thought came out when you wash again

michael k
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I bought a new 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 with what dodge calls Billiant Black (metallic not standard black) as the paint name.
:Picture:

ScottB
05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
wash ---clay --- polish ---protect

as long as it fits within this design you should be fine !

Emile
05-06-2009, 08:14 AM
It's only overkill if you don't want your truck to look amazing. Perfect process but if the Pro Polish can't remove the light scratches, it's time to step it up to SSR1.

highendonly
05-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Thx everyone. I will have to put some pics up soon. I have a bottle of SSR1 in my box as well so i will have to se how the Pro Polish works first on one panel first and if im not happy I will step it up to the SSR1.

vinnier6
05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
just make sure you take your time on the correction phase and everything else will look great....

BenzDetailer
05-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Use the BLACK HOLE no matter how much paint correction you do, you will need it !