PDA

View Full Version : bottles

TS656577
05-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey, Im tired of carrying around the huge 1L bottles (or w/e size they are) of menzernas. I think I have all but one of them, so you can imagine it gets pretty heavy. I was wondering if anyone has seen 12oz poptop bottles in a store and which one. Id prefer to buy it instore than buy it online. Heres what i mean as far as a top. Thanks!

no links ... Autogeek offers bottles. US Plastics is another source.

trlblazer3
05-04-2009, 06:46 AM
I hear you about not wanting to tote around the whole bottle! I don't know exactly which store carries the bottles you're looking for, as I've always ordered them through US Plastics online. If you decide to buy online I'd give them a shot. I only carry 4 & 8 oz bottles, as I'll never need more product than that for my details.

loudog2
05-04-2009, 07:09 AM
AG used to have small squeeze bottle with pop tops. They used to come free with the big bottles of menzerna. I tried finding a link, but I don't see them anymore. I have 6-7 of these, they come in handy.

mrGolfRider
05-04-2009, 08:08 AM
go to wally world and get there clear condiment bottles with the little tip topper lid that attaches with a small piece of plastic....pretty much a ketchup bottle. 1.19

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I feel (felt) your pain. I personally use 16oz. bottles. They fit perfectly in my Auto Geek detail bag.

I have a source for bottles - it is an online retailer however. I'm not sure you'll have much much finding anything local.

One word of caution though: You need to make sure the bottle is made of the same material as the "Parent" bottle. I found out the hard way on this one. Most are made of PVC as it is non-reactive with most chemicals. Materials such as HDPE or LDPE will not work well with anything solvent-based and I seem to recall a thread a while ago with a sealant or polish being incompatible with it's container.

Just some food for thought.

Harleyguy
05-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I go too a local place called Sally beauty supply they carry all kind of bottles and spray bottles.Maybe a place like that near you.

Touchof Class
05-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I also use condiment bottles...the ones where you twist the lid to open and twist to close. I have had great luck with them and its easy to get the right amount on the pad

Harleyguy
05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I also use condiment bottles...the ones where you twist the lid to open and twist to close. I have had great luck with them and its easy to get the right amount on the padAnother good use of a strong bottle.Wonder if Costco or Sams sell them.

Touchof Class
05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I checked both Costco and Sams and they didn't carry them. i stumbled across them at Big Lots so i bought a few

BenzDetailer
05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Heres Where I get Mine. (google search Natural Plastic)

I have 3 complete setups of all my materials. Roughly 20 different products in their own 8 ounce bottles. The ones on the Top MIddle of this page with the flip top cap is the most reliable for no leaks. They all fit nicely in the Autogeek Dr. Bag. Along with a Polisher and Pads. I keep one at each house and always carry one in what I'm driving that way I am prepared to make money 24 / 7.
I once did a light scuff and scratch removal on the way into a somewhat fancy Resteraunt. I told the people there was no charge. When we were done with are meal there was no check the gentlemen had picked up the $362 Bill ( I love my wine ) bought me an additional $200 Gift card to the place and called me 6 months later to do hisG& for $2200.00. Not bad for being prepared with a few goodis in the car at all times.

mrGolfRider
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
way off topic, but a 2200 dollar detail...WOW!

VISITOR
05-04-2009, 02:43 PM
go to your local harbor freight, they have the 8pk of the 8oz flip-top or ketchup style bottles for around $3...

BenzDetailer
05-04-2009, 03:03 PM
mrGolfRider $2200 is not excessive for that size aircraft.

TS656577
05-05-2009, 08:03 AM
I feel (felt) your pain. I personally use 16oz. bottles. They fit perfectly in my Auto Geek detail bag.

I have a source for bottles - it is an online retailer however. I'm not sure you'll have much much finding anything local.

One word of caution though: You need to make sure the bottle is made of the same material as the "Parent" bottle. I found out the hard way on this one. Most are made of PVC as it is non-reactive with most chemicals. Materials such as HDPE or LDPE will not work well with anything solvent-based and I seem to recall a thread a while ago with a sealant or polish being incompatible with it's container.

Just some food for thought.
Wow I have never thought of that. Anybody have any ideas on this? especially with menzerna's products?

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow I have never thought of that. Anybody have any ideas on this? especially with menzerna's products?

I THINK most, if not all Menzerna products are bottled in PVC bottles. Meghan, can you chime in here...?